User Controls

what would you do with this shitty car?

I bought a car like a year ago. It seemed like a really good deal at the time, it's a 2005 civic with like 94k miles for $4k and as far as I could tell and the dude who sold it to me said, it didn't have any problems. It ran alright for a while until I had to bring it in to the shop for something minor and they informed me the brake lines and a bunch of shit under the car is rusted out. Since then I've had to bring it in a couple times because it started making weird noises or something, and both times it was related to the rust and ended up costing me 2-300.

It seems like if I keep this car this is going to be an ongoing issue, where things are going to pop up every 6 months, and the brake lines will eventually need to be replaced which will cost a shitload of money. I'd also really like a reliable car this summer because I want to go camping and go to festivals and shit without having to worry about breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

I have managed to save enough that I can easily buy a reliable used car off craigslist or something, but idk what to do with the old car. It seems like such a waste and pisses me off that I basically got scammed out of $4k. It still runs and shit but I think I'd feel guilty selling it to some random person on craigslist without telling them what's wrong with it. But if I tell them what's wrong with it, nobody's going to buy it, at least not for any substantial amount of money, and I don't just want to throw away that money. What would you do?
    Donate it and write it off on taxes.

Or

Take it on one really long last road trip and junk it
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Slaynk Take it on one really long last road trip and junk it

This, as the kids say, this.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    buy an old merc and you won't have these problems.

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Probably take a lot of benzos and crash it into my mom's house.
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    See, this is how I know the totse spirit is dead. None of you cunts said to blow it up. Fuck all of you.
    Originally posted by NARCassist buy an old merc and you won't have these problems.

Wtf is a merc

Originally posted by Zanick Probably take a lot of benzos and crash it into my mom's house.

Not a bad idea but my mom doesn’t live close enough for me to make that drive fucked up.
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    Originally posted by greenplastic Wtf is a merc

Not a bad idea but my mom doesn’t live close enough for me to make that drive fucked up.

Drive there, sit in the drive way chuggin bourbon and revving the engine, THEN do it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by greenplastic Wtf is a merc

mercedes

Maybe I’ll just put it up online and see who comes to check it out and sell it to the first scummy looking dude who comes to check it out.
    Originally posted by greenplastic Maybe I’ll just put it up online and see who comes to check it out and sell it to the first scummy looking dude who comes to check it out.

Pussy.
     Acolyte
    Sell it as parts on E-Bay.
    Run the exhaust in to the window, seal it up well and sit in there with it running for an hour.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by greenplastic and they informed me the brake lines and a bunch of shit under the car is rusted out

theres your problem rite there.

if your a healthy person who had mild sickness and went to the doctor and were told that you have chronic this and stage 4 that,

would you just trust him and let that doctor do all the operating hed asked for or would you get a 2nd opinion ????
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Well since a quote is cheap or free, get one and then research the issue and repair yourself if needed. My method is..

Use their quote as your budget for tools and parts for self-repair. Watch youtube and forum write-ups about how to do something if you don't know. Do this a few times and you will have all the common tools and you will just be buying only parts and maybe a special tool or larger wrench here and there. 500 or 1000 a year auto repair budget can accomplish a lot more with you turning the wrenches than paying a professional to do it.
    dick cepek Yung Blood
    fucking SHIT ! that car needs some new tires my NIGGER give me a FUCKING CALL today and ill fix you right up
Jump to Top