User Controls

Image file anonymity

harry CHONG Yung Blood
    Say a guy takes images from search engine results, crops and resizes a photo with mspaint and saves it. He does this to many images, and he wants to upload them to a website on multiple un-associated accounts.

What data exists in the images that should be stripped out or modified to prevent association ? And also, must they all be uploaded to the site from different directories? I assume the website will know the directory you are uploading the file from?

In windows I check a image files properties and it shows several attributes that should be stripped or doctored: owner, computer, folder path, date created, date modified. Is there a fast way to run through a batch of files and make this data unique for each file, and relocate the file to random folders to prepare for uploading?

Thoughts?
     Acolyte
    https://www.get-metadata.com/
    http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    is this to defeat google image search? a lot of pics you can just horizontally flip them and the search will see it as a completely different picture. for example

this

is seen as a completely different pic to this

yet it still looks as a perfectly normal pic that nobody would notice anything wrong with it.

NARCassist gollums fat coach
    or you can just PrtScr the pic and paste it into gimp or other pic editing program and save it as a completely new file with new metadata.

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by harry CHONG What data exists in the images that should be stripped out or modified to prevent association ? And also, must they all be uploaded to the site from different directories? I assume the website will know the directory you are uploading the file from?

no, the website only receives the image data (and filename), not the full path.

I have no idea what you're trying to do, but there are scripts that will bulk-update images - removing exif data, resizing, flipping etc. - it'd be much quicker to use something like imagemagick on lunix than changing them all around manually.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by NARCassist

yet it still looks as a perfectly normal pic that nobody would notice anything wrong with it.

r u saying that theres nothing wrong with posting picts of a 16 year old ???

i agree. wellcome onboard.

Jump to Top