User Controls

How hard would it be to shoot down Airforce One?

They always make it out to seem like the president is untouchable but we all know they get assassinated from time to time.
    Bullets have always done the trick but now with all the bullet proof glass and with the Secret Service covering all the good angles to take a shot from, it seems like a lot of trouble to try and snipe the president.
    I see all these tv shows about how well protected our Commander and Chief is but I wonder "How well protected is he"?
    No one has ever tried shooting his helicopter or airplane down.
    Do you think the President's vehicles could really evade a rocket or missile attack?
    Could they withstand a direct hit?
    You never see any footage of testing the President's limo against a rocket or bomb.
    Is it because it is classified or is it because they can't really protect him all that well and declassifying footage of testing armor and defenses used to protect the President would just encourage attacks because the armor actually sucks?
     Acolyte
    Air Force One has anti-missile capabilities, such as radar jamming and decoy flares, and it is shielded with armor that can withstand a nuclear blast from the ground.
    I want to make this clear.
    I am not threatening the President or asking for Swim.
    I only made this thread because I am interested in armor technology. I saw a video about a Mexican company making bullet proof suits that eliminate the hassle of a vest.
    And yes I went to take my dogs on a walk shortly after making this thread and a Black Ford Explorer creeped up behind me and a lady in Army uniform mean mugged me. I'm sure this was just a coincidence but then I got home and had a PM from someone begging me to delete my post.
    I suppose I could have titled it differently but it's too late now.
    I only brought the President into this because I figured he had the best armor and defenses.
    In fact this thread is about protecting the President. Anyone who thinks this thread is about harming him obviously doesn't know how greatful I am to have a President that I can relate to.
    Fona, you are too much bro
    If the Secret Service needs to contact me about this thread they can call the fona-fone (937) 522-1751
    God bless America
    Originally posted by  Air Force One has anti-missile capabilities, such as radar jamming and decoy flares, and it is shielded with armor that can withstand a nuclear blast from the ground.

Have you seen this or is it just an assumption?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I bet you could fly an F-15 into Air Force One if you were in USAF. Better yet make it a team of two. One takes off unauthorized to ram into Air Force One, but it's a distraction. We'd have a second conspirator in one of the jets that get scrambled in order to intercept the first one. So as the first one gets close to Air Force One and then gets intercepted, one of the interceptors fires off all their ordnance in the general direction of the president an after that just rams his jet into it if the counter measures worked against the missiles or whatever.
    All that got to do is make the plane unflyable and gravity will do the rest.
    This thread is about armor and defenses not killing anyone.
    I wanted to talk about how well protected the president is just to open up conversation on amor and defense technology.

Do you think the President has a parachute?
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I shook President Bush’s hand back in the day. It’s not that hard to gain access.
    Originally posted by Fonaplats All that got to do is make the plane unflyable and gravity will do the rest.

Exactly, and with 20 ways to do that with a fighter jet i think having people infiltrate USAF would be your best bet.
    Does he have a special ejection seat in the airplane?
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Does he have a special ejection seat in the airplane?

I am not sure. Maybe...
    Originally posted by Sophie Exactly, and with 20 ways to do that with a fighter jet i think having people infiltrate USAF would be your best bet.

I am not trying to harm him. I just wanna talk about armor and defenses. Please don't say shit like that and really please don't say "would be your best bet" after giving me your opinion on blowing his plane out of the sky.
    I love America.
    I want to marry the Statue of Liberty.
    Originally posted by Ajax I shook President Bush’s hand back in the day. It’s not that hard to gain access.

Which Bush?
    Lanny please don't delete my thread. We are not saying anything bad. Not even cuss words.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    We need to know which Bush it was, you might have caught a disease.
    I'm pretty sure I got exposed to agent orange back in 'nam.
    I blame my delusions and addiction on the pain I suffered from that war.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I was conducting some unrelated research when I stumbled upon this fascinating bit of information:

Originally posted by ZDnet Air Force One: A military communications bunker in the skies

There's no way one can deny Air Force One is the most advanced jumbo-jet in the Western skies. The plane itself is designed to keep the President safe, secure, but also connected to the outside world when he's flying across the US or abroad.

The Boeing 747-200B series aircraft comes with 85 onboard phones, two-way radios, satellite connections to support air-to-ground connections, secure Internet access and close to two-dozen televisions. The 4,000 square-foot aircraft has three levels, including a communications deck, in case the commander-in-chief needs to order a ground attack from the air.

But what happens in case of a nuclear attack? No trouble for the plane, which has as its core security feature the ability to repel electromagnetic pulses, and other countermeasures, such as enemy radar jamming, should the plane need to fly over hostile territories. And just because, "why not," the plane can also shoot out flares that can throw off heat-seeking missiles off course, according to reports.

https://www.zdnet.com/pictures/presidential-gadgets-what-technology-does-obama-use/4/
Jump to Top