User Controls

Ability to delete private messages

Fermat Yung Blood
    can we do this? ability to multiselect and delete private messages right from the inbox or sent folder. also if you have the message itself open then there should be a button on that page to delete just that message.

also lanny what happens to pm's when you tstm your account? they stay on your banned account or transfer to tstm? thanks.
    nope
    I’ve wondered why we can’t do this as well.
    lanny is the fbi, clearly.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I just never got around to implementing it. I did set the system up so it's pretty straightforward to do (i.e. sending a PM creates separate copies for the sender and each receiver). When you TSTM all your PMs remain intact but no one can access them obviously.

I'd accept a PR to add the functionality but I don't have the time to do it myself right now.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    also I'm the fbi, clearly
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Submit a pull, DUMBASS.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Lanny I just never got around to implementing it. I did set the system up so it's pretty straightforward to do (i.e. sending a PM creates separate copies for the sender and each receiver). When you TSTM all your PMs remain intact but no one* can access them obviously.

I'd accept a PR to add the functionality but I don't have the time to do it myself right now.

Originally posted by mmQ Submit a pull, DUMBASS.

why dont you pull on this.
     Acolyte
    The PMs stay. "We" need the dirt on you all. Sorry.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by benny vader

Yes, as I've said many times, you should assume that law enforcement can access your PMs and identify the author of a post who has anonymized their account. I can be legally compelled to surrender records and prevented from telling you this has happened.

Originally posted by  The PMs stay. "We" need the dirt on you all. Sorry.

Would you like the ability to delete PMs spectral?
    You cannot be specific, but you can say if it happens, legally. Reddit releases a record of this every year.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by gumbo You cannot be specific, but you can say if it happens, legally. Reddit releases a record of this every year.

What are you basing that on? You can disclose some requests for records, sure, but I'm pretty sure you can't even disclose that you've under a legal order not to disclose that you've surrendered records if that's a condition of a subpoena.
    Can you read our PM’s Lanny? Like if you wanted to, is it possible?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I can.

Services like temp.pm are a good choice if you want to ensure I don't read your PMs. Mind you, I can read a message sent via that kind of "burn after reading" but you'll be able to tell because it won't be accessible when your recipient opens it.

If you really want secure communications you should exchange PGP keys or use some similar kind of crypto scheme.
    Originally posted by Lanny I can.

Services like temp.pm are a good choice if you want to ensure I don't read your PMs. Mind you, I can read a message sent via that kind of "burn after reading" but you'll be able to tell because it won't be accessible when your recipient opens it.

If you really want secure communications you should exchange PGP keys or use some similar kind of crypto scheme.

I’m not too bothered. I’ve just always wondered.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    This means lanjy has all of the nudes Falco sent me and I'm kind of hoping he'll give them to me since I lost them all
    Privnote
     Acolyte
    Originally posted by Lanny Would you like the ability to delete PMs spectral?

I don't use PMs.
    Originally posted by  I don't use PMs.

Then how do you flirt with users here?
Jump to Top