User Controls

isn't it fucking weird we're alive right now

like, that's pretty rare. most people are dead.

in all the infinities of time in every direction, we're currently in the fucking MINUSCULE time-span of existing

think about it
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Everything is weird if you think about it.
    Nothing is weird.

Is it "uncanny" or "supernatural" that we're alive? no its not. Is it "weird" when 99% of people use the word? It's almost never weird but everyone uses the word instead of what they really mean which is "Strange" or "Odd"

Weird
    wird/
    adjective
    adjective: weird; comparative adjective: weirder; superlative adjective: weirdest

suggesting something supernatural; uncanny.
    "the weird crying of a seal"
    synonyms: uncanny, eerie, unnatural, supernatural, unearthly, otherworldly, ghostly, mysterious, strange, abnormal, unusual.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel Nothing is weird.

Is it "uncanny" or "supernatural" that we're alive? no its not. Is it "weird" when 99% of people use the word? It's almost never weird but everyone uses the word instead of what they really mean which is "Strange" or "Odd"

Weird
    wird/
    adjective
    adjective: weird; comparative adjective: weirder; superlative adjective: weirdest

suggesting something supernatural; uncanny.
    "the weird crying of a seal"
    synonyms: uncanny, eerie, unnatural, supernatural, unearthly, otherworldly, ghostly, mysterious, strange, abnormal, unusual.

Everything is the only way it can be. This is how it goes.
    Yeah I’ve thought about this. Something like over 100 billion people who have ever lived are dead now.

We’re all minorities lmao
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Yeah I’ve thought about this. Something like over 100 billion people who have ever lived are dead now.

We’re all minorities lmao

people take life too seriously, it pisses me off

oh wait

uhhh okay it doesn't piss me off then

whatever.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    In the grand scheme of things, all of us living will be dead pretty soon. Depending on your forecast for the next few hundred years, that might be it.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    yea it's weird. we're in the present at the forefront of existence. inheriting all the progress of better men. and what do we do? shitpost.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It kinda sucks that we’re likely going to be among the last few generations of humans to die naturally. Pretty soon there’s gonna be life extension technology available that will allow people to live forever (excluding accidental death, murder, predation, etc.)
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I imagine it's just the elite that will get life extension, at least early on and then we'll have even greater entrenched power.
    Probably at first yeah, but you can’t stop progress. The most advanced supercomputers that only the government could have a few decades ago are now the equivalent of the common smart phone in everyone’s pocket these days.

Whole genome sequencing is another example. I think it originally cost tens of millions of dollars and was really exclusive, now you can get it done for like a thousand bucks?

Technology moves fast. Just not fast enough prolly for people in their twenties today to ever see everlasting life
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    you think if the human race ever got to the point where nobody ever dies, will they ban having kids or sterilize everyone?

i guess they couldn't sterilize everyone or eventually everyone would die through accidents and stuff.

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Originally posted by NARCassist you think if the human race ever got to the point where nobody ever dies, will they ban having kids or sterilize everyone?

i guess they couldn't sterilize everyone or eventually everyone would die through accidents and stuff.

If we hope to stand a chance, we need to prepare for an aggressive colonization of space the moment we arrive at the capability.
    Originally posted by NARCassist you think if the human race ever got to the point where nobody ever dies, will they ban having kids or sterilize everyone?

Yeah what Zanuck said at that point we would have started colonizing other celestial bodies.

Having kids might be highly regulated though. I can see that happening
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    What's crazy is that people have had this conversation throughout deep time again...and again...and again...and then died lol

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    anyone ever watch logans run?

Xlite African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Enter like, that's pretty rare. most people are dead.

in all the infinities of time in every direction, we're currently in the fucking MINUSCULE time-span of existing

think about it

Don't be so narrow minded to think that existence only is possible because there's a time line, its more like the other way around.
    Yep, all thanks to a man named Vasili Arkhipov

If only he would've just fucking followed orders amirite
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    How is babby formed?
Jump to Top