User Controls

Getting around age discrimination

BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    The cut off age for being a police officer (I found out) is 35 unless you were a previous officer.

what is a way to get around this retarded rule. retarding older, more wise people from becoming officers because they believe we can't beat the academy in training (like boot camp)

My guess is some guys in the 40s or 50s had heart attacks from age and body stress. what if I became a 9-1-1 officer? would that be a loophole? At least i would know all of the penal codes by heart if I took a class on that
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    fuck off you pig

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    inside inside inside

we'll see the wiser
    Maybe if you have some military experience they would make an exception. Did you serve?
    Originally posted by NARCassist fuck off you pig

No.. A pig is a corrupt officer.
    I'm strictly by the book.. but also compassionate.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    a pig is a pig is a pig.

Originally posted by Fox Paws Maybe if you have some military experience they would make an exception. Did you serve?

I'll put it this way. Not traditional military nor training.

I signed a NDA in 1988
    Originally posted by BeigeWarlock I signed a NDA in 1988

glad i weren't drinking coffee as i read this

Originally posted by BeigeWarlock The cut off age for being a police officer (I found out) is 35 unless you were a previous officer.

what is a way to get around this retarded rule. retarding older, more wise people from becoming officers because they believe we can't beat the academy in training (like boot camp)

My guess is some guys in the 40s or 50s had heart attacks from age and body stress.

It's probably because they want ideological people that are easily manipulated, and as people get older they become more resistant to that
    Op be honest, how normal can you pass for?

Could you switch to driving truck s or something?

Maybe you should apply for disability and grow marijuana or something part time.
    Originally posted by jedi.Goldstein Op be honest, how normal can you pass for?

Could you switch to driving truck s or something?

Maybe you should apply for disability and grow marijuana or something part time.

By law.. They can't ask me what meds I take. or so I'm told. (unless it's like the CIA or some shit) can ask if you have a disability but not what medication. So I can say Yes and "Un disclose" to why I'm being treated.

And I have been watching those trucks when I'm in Oakland. but some of the newbies only get paid 18-20 bucks. Its 12 hours a day. you have to sit 3-4 hours sometimes at loading ports and sometimes union A card holders get to cut in front (another So I'm told)

that's got to suck.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Why would you want to be a cop though?
    Originally posted by aldra Why would you want to be a cop though?

I wanted to be a cop for a long time because I had the mistaken belief that I could change things from the inside, plus not having to worry about car trouble/payments would be nice

But I wouldn't do it for the amount they get paid, and I'm pretty sure my mental health history disqualifies me anyway
    Originally posted by Juicebox and I'm pretty sure my mental health history disqualifies me anyway

how you think totsey will work out on that one?

Originally posted by NARCassist how you think totsey will work out on that one?

True
    it's weird for me because I'm 15 inside but people think I'm an adult
    I approached this suspicious looking literal FBI van (remember the 4chan party van?) that had the satellites and antenna and everything I asked them who they were and who they worked for and the guy acted all suspicious and everything as if I could have been a spy but he asks me how old I am and I said 27 then he was like "ok, nothing here to see move along" if I had been 18 he probably would have asked me if I wanted to be recruited.
    It's fucked up.
    Fucking kids are retards they shouldn't be behind this stuff, adults should.
    This world is so backwards.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume it's weird for me because I'm 15 inside but people think I'm an adult
    I approached this suspicious looking literal FBI van (remember the 4chan party van?) that had the satellites and antenna and everything I asked them who they were and who they worked for and the guy acted all suspicious and everything as if I could have been a spy but he asks me how old I am and I said 27 then he was like "ok, nothing here to see move along" if I had been 18 he probably would have asked me if I wanted to be recruited.
    It's fucked up.

if you said 15 he might have given you some candies.

the slurps you miss.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox It's probably because they want ideological people that are easily manipulated, and as people get older they become more resistant to that

no, its becos you cant teach old dogs new tricks.
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume it's weird for me because I'm 15 inside but people think I'm an adult
    It's fucked up.

You’re legitimately insane. If a 27 year old insane homeless man approached me out of nowhere, I would be suspicious too.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Like, fuck. In 20 years you’re gonna become that guy Totse2001. Do you not even realize how insane you are? You weren’t even like this at all 6 months ago. You are rapidly deteriorating
    Yeah and totse 2001 is a robot so theres that
Jump to Top