User Controls

Fox Paws, try an empathogen?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    You've complained about your blunted affect on a few occasions that I've seen. It's clearly a problem that reduces your quality of life. I'd like to see you enjoy some relief.

Would you ever consider taking a drug in order to bring back some of what you used to feel?
    I don’t do drugs.

Also I just googled what “blunted affect” means and I don’t have that lol. I’ve met people who have that, they’re fucking weird. I’m pretty normal irl.

My problem is that I’ve been really depressed cuz I’m in a toxic relationship for the last 6 years or so. It’s starting to get better though. Well the relationship isn’t better but other parts of my life have improved considerably.

Also I said in the other thread I do feel empathy, just not for hydro and 1337/bipolar highroller
    Okay, sorry to have assumed. I must ask how it got better, though. My experience has been that they usually get worse. Are you content with the amount of empathy that you feel?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Zanick Okay, sorry to have assumed. I must ask how it got better, though. My experience has been that they usually get worse. Are you content with the amount of empathy that you feel?

Are you??
    Originally posted by mmQ Are you??

I have surplus empathy that would make Ted Bundy cry like a little girl. I probably wouldn't trade it for drugs if I had the chance, but I guess I'll never know until such a transaction is possible.
    Originally posted by Zanick Okay, sorry to have assumed. I must ask how it got better, though. My experience has been that they usually get worse. Are you content with the amount of empathy that you feel?

I met someone else.

I’m pretty alright with my level of empathy yeah. I admit I’m not as empathetic as most people are (or pretend to be, rather). But I think I do enough good in the world to make up for it.

I don’t do anything to fuck anyone over or take things from people. I always tip like 30-40% at restaurants. I get along with pretty much everyone I know. Most people seem to like me actually and think I’m charming.

What else you wanna know
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Zanick I have surplus empathy that would make Ted Bundy cry like a little girl. I probably wouldn't trade it for drugs if I had the chance, but I guess I'll never know until such a transaction is possible.

Are you content with your high level? Can you empathize with someone who would not want to have as much empathy as you?
    Originally posted by Fox Paws I met someone else.

I’m pretty alright with my level of empathy yeah. I admit I’m not as empathetic as most people are (or pretend to be, rather). But I think I do enough good in the world to make up for it.

I always tip like 30-40% at restaurants. I don’t do anything to fuck anyone over or take things from people. I get along with pretty much everyone I know. Most people seem to like me actually and think I’m charming.

What else you wanna know

How did you meet this new girl? How did you transition from the other one? What ultimately led you to the realization that you needed a change, and how did you approach that from within a dysfunctional relationship?
    Originally posted by mmQ Are you content with your high level? Can you empathize with someone who would not want to have as much empathy as you?

It's not a matter of whether or not I can, it's that I feel as though I have to. I've learned not to let it lead me into trouble. At this point in my life, it's a strength.
    I hope people empathise with me and the suffering I go through every day.
    Originally posted by Zanick How did you meet this new girl? How did you transition from the other one? What ultimately led you to the realization that you needed a change, and how did you approach that from within a dysfunctional relationship?

I’ve always known I needed a change, at least that aspect of my life (the relationship). Well I say “always”, maybe like 2-3 years? Just things got kind of stagnant and stayed the same for a long time. When you get so entrenched in the daily grind of shit, it’s hard to take that leap.

I met her randomly, completely out of nowhere. I didn’t fully transition from one relationship to the next yet. At this point I’m kind of “cheating”, I guess you’d call it.
    Originally posted by jedi.Goldstein I hope people empathise with me and the suffering I go through every day.

I'm sure many people do, and a few of them are probably close to you already. Do you have a therapist or someone you can talk to, you know, outside of NiS?

Originally posted by Fox Paws I’ve always known I needed a change, at least that aspect of my life (the relationship). Well I say “always”, maybe like 2-3 years? Just things got kind of stagnant and stayed the same for a long time. When you get so entrenched in the daily grind of shit, it’s hard to take that leap.

I met her randomly, completely out of nowhere. I didn’t fully transition from one relationship to the next yet. At this point I’m kind of “cheating”, I guess you’d call it.

So you were with one woman, desiring something else, but not knowing what or whom, when this new girl arrived into the picture? I'm glad you seized upon that moment when you did, instead of letting yourself remain in that stagnation. I'm not about to give you grief over cheating when you're clearly planning your escape. You're putting your needs first because you have to. How does this new girl make you feel?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Zanick It's not a matter of whether or not I can, it's that I feel as though I have to. I've learned not to let it lead me into trouble. At this point in my life, it's a strength.

So do you think empathy is something that can be consciously controlled?
    Originally posted by Zanick I'm sure many people do, and a few of them are probably close to you already. Do you have a therapist or someone you can talk to, you know, outside of NiS?

I don't want to be a complainer.
    Originally posted by mmQ So do you think empathy is something that can be consciously controlled?

I think it's something that must be observed. We all have a capacity for empathy to one degree or another, but some have wells of the stuff overflowing, threatening to drown them, and others suffer perpetual drought. It's not something that can be replicated or manufactured, or the world would be a much gentler place. I do think that it can be cultivated, but it requires practice. Then there are more invasive ways, like MDMA.
    Originally posted by Zanick So you were with one woman, desiring something else, but not knowing what or whom, when this new girl arrived into the picture? I'm glad you seized upon that moment when you did, instead of letting yourself remain in that stagnation. I'm not about to give you grief over cheating when you're clearly planning your escape. You're putting your needs first because you have to. How does this new girl make you feel?

Yeah basically. I mean the main reason I didn’t want to / haven’t left my girlfriend yet is because she’s liable to go batshit and just fucking sabotage everything in my life she possibly can. So I’ve just been pretty much waiting for something else to come along for a long time now.

When you said I “seized” upon it I just imagined you as Eminem singing “Lose Yourself” lulz. They should change your user title to “spaghetti”.

I’m not gonna get all gay and talk about my feelings and shit. She’s really nice, sexy, closer to my age, and she just seems to get me. And I’m pretty sure she sees me the same way.
    Madman African Astronaut
    I feel empathy when I hurt other people on purpose, it feels good.
    Originally posted by jedi.Goldstein I don't want to be a complainer.

You should try it, sometimes you just start complaining and when you're done, you feel much better. Maybe it'd be the best thing you can do for yourself that day.

Originally posted by Fox Paws Yeah basically. I mean the main reason I didn’t want to / haven’t left my girlfriend yet is because she’s liable to go batshit and just fucking sabotage everything in my life she possibly can. So I’ve just been pretty much waiting for something else to come along for a long time now.

When you said I “seized” upon it I just imagined you as Eminem singing “Lose Yourself” lulz. They should change your user title to “spaghetti”.

I’m not gonna get all gay and talk about my feelings and shit. She’s really nice, sexy, closer to my age, and she just seems to get me. And I’m pretty sure she sees me the same way.

I did briefly think about Eminem as I composed that post, oddly enough. Maybe I unconsciously recalled the lyrics. You may have just picked my music for the evening.

Glad to hear that the new girl gets you, by the way. So as far as the first girl is concerned, it's self-preservation, then? I've always found that to be one of the more taxing and less sustainable modes of operating. What is your exit strategy, if I may ask?
    Yeah I pick up on shit like that. You may have read me completely wrong. I might actually be hyper-sensitive to other people’s thoughts, feelings etc. I just choose to not act on this information sometimes.

I’m probably gonna take a couple weeks off from work (so she can’t show up at my job and cause a scene in the middle of the day), tell her to pack her shit and leave (I’ll even buy her a plane ticket back home), and pretty much give her a ride to the airport. Or just call her an Uber/Lyft. And then get a restraining order against her.

Ummm that’s my plan I guess.
    Oh I left out the part where I’d probably have a multi-day fuckfest with the new chick afterward
Jump to Top