User Controls

How will we establish communication with extraterrestrials?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I don't think we can reasonably assume a shared capacity for speech or understanding behaviors like pointing to identify an object or the universality of Aristotelian logic. It's entirely possible that they're intelligent but don't acknowledge themselves as subjects. How do you speak to an organism that can speak but doesn't know it's an organism? I guess you'd have to ask an ant. What if they lack culture or hierarchy? How will we make them aware of our complex existence if they have no conception of government, or tradition?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    A more practical answer though:

Math. There have been a lot of attempts to convey ideas via math given it's something of a universal language; I would find some if I weren't on mobile
    Xlite African Astronaut
    If you wish to encounter extraterrestrials smoke 60-100mg of dmt.

Language will not suffice though, you will soon reach the conclusion that a new form of communication is required but this will also be vastly more rewarding.

Side note:
    One could try to create an object, imbue it with intention and then give the object to the entity.
    Depends on if they're sexy or not
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Maybe they won't be sexy but could be edible.
    GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Houston [this unquestioningly unfrequented clast]
    Aliens will tend to either super dumb - animals basically - or super intelligent. If they're super dumb the only thing we can do with them is hope that they taste good, if they're super intelligent they'll understand us and everything about us on an intellectual level, and regard us as annoying cringe-monsters.

The reason aliens don't land is the same reason I don't go back to the local high school - the kids there are predictable, annoying and stupid and I have nothing to learn from them.
Jump to Top