User Controls

Favorite browser extensions?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I use Safari for most of my browsing, including when I post here, and I've used a few autopagers in the past, as well as Grammarly, which is pretty useful when it's not trying to make me conform with British style, and the Amazon extension.

On Chrome I have an autoscroll extension for when I want to get to the bottom of a page that has to load as I scroll, like a long Twitter feed. I also have a Google Drive extension in Chrome and a shitty PDF editor.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    The only extension I really use is Ad Nauseum. Pretty fucked up that google banned it. I mean I get it in the monetary sense, but it's yet another reminder that the days of "don't be evil" are long behind us.
    GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Houston [this unquestioningly unfrequented clast]
    Originally posted by Zanick as well as Grammarly,
    Why? I thought only semi-literate people would use that? Like people who just got a job as a social media manager at a hipster company but kant spol gud. Their advertisements make me laugh.

Originally posted by Lanny The only extension I really use is Ad Nauseum. Pretty fucked up that google banned it. I mean I get it in the monetary sense, but it's yet another reminder that the days of "don't be evil" are long behind us.
    Interesting idea, but don't want to risk getting my google account banned.

A flags extension to show server info and a barcode generator are the only two that seem relevant for me.

The barcode generator is to share pages with my phone, since google took over and killed off the excellent chrome-to-phone, then abandoned the stupid process that was supposed to replace it.

On my desktop I have (((coincidence detector))), which puts jedi names inside echo quotes, and which is banned by google.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Originally posted by GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Why? I thought only semi-literate people would use that? Like people who just got a job as a social media manager at a hipster company but kant spol gud. Their advertisements make me laugh.

I agree with you about their advertisements. I'm generally very good at observing proper grammar, and the majority of my posts are written and read twice prior to submission. So, if I miss something, I want to know about it. Grammarly checks spelling and grammar and it also offers the occasional stylistic tip. It does its job well without getting in the way, and it's free. If I had one criticism, however, it would be to implement some way to add to its vocabulary. I use the American spelling for words like "endeavor" and "favor" and I'd like to make the red underline go away for alternative spellings that I use in a consistent manner.

GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Houston [this unquestioningly unfrequented clast]
    Grammarly is right though. Stop misspelling words you yankie scum.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I interviewed with Grammarly a couple of months ago. Recruiter hit me up because I was a contributor on one of the libraries they used and I got to the last round, seemed to hit it off with the engineers but then they made a hella low ball offer, I told them it wasn't close to the right number, they put another 5k on their lowball (still low as hell) and I just stopped replying to them because everyone I talked to from their HR department seemed to be a comms major with no idea how the tech field worked and some of them seemed borderline retarded.

Originally posted by GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Interesting idea, but don't want to risk getting my google account banned.

Oh, google won't ban your account. They just banned the extension from being listed in the extensions store or whatever that thing is where you go to download extensions. So instead you have to install it manually and change a config value in chrome. It's not a big deal, but kind of a hassle.
    uBlock origin, I wouldn't browse the modern internet without some way to block ads and trackers and this extension works better than other techniques I've tried like privoxy or blacklisting in /etc/hosts
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by inb4l0pht uBlock origin, I wouldn't browse the modern internet without some way to block ads and trackers and this extension works better than other techniques I've tried like privoxy or blacklisting in /etc/hosts

Let me plug Ad Nauseum to you then. Pretty sure it uses ublock origin under the hood, only it simulates link clicks after hiding ads so you can kick advertisers in the shins a little bit with each and every page load. Probably costs you something in CPU utilization but the sense of satisfaction that you're taking money from abusive advertising cunts without looking at their shit more than justifies it for me.
    Originally posted by Lanny Let me plug Ad Nauseum to you then. Pretty sure it uses ublock origin under the hood, only it simulates link clicks after hiding ads so you can kick advertisers in the shins a little bit with each and every page load. Probably costs you something in CPU utilization but the sense of satisfaction that you're taking money from abusive advertising cunts without looking at their shit more than justifies it for me.

Nice. I'll check it out
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I've got Adblock and google translate, also rabbit share but that fucking sucks, got it turned off and I only got it cause they won't let me watch kiss anime on their streams but they will let me watch on other anime sites? wtf

Speaking of rabbit though we all should stream together some time, they have like a 30 person limit on a room but there's 12 people here so that works.

Got granblue as a chrome app too but I think they just stopped updating it and I play in browser anyway
Jump to Top