User Controls

How to recover information off a water damaged phone

It is a Huawei 6x. Put it in the washer today. Now it doesn't turn on.

How do I recover what I've got on that phone?
    Put it in the dryer dumbass.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Put it in the dryer dumbass.

dont forget to select ''jeans''.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Don't try to use it wet or you might short circuit components. Just let it dry out naturally and then try it again.
    Dfg Tuskegee Airman [compulsively riposte the emigrant]
    Put it in rice and leave it for few days, unplug the battery btw.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Dfg Put it in rice and leave it for few days, unplug the battery btw.

I'd recommend opening it and flushing it with distilled water first
    The first thing I did was open it up. I did press a button initially when I took it out of the washer to see if it worked. The screen didn't turn on, but it vibrated. Then it didn't work again. I realized how stupid I was being so I took it apart. Battery isn't removable though. Drained the water. Some obvious damage done in the circutry. It was probably in the washer for 30min before I realized. Used a blow dryer on low in bursts then stuck it in rice. Pretty sure it's a goner. I just don't know if there's a way of extracting any files on it.
    Did you already try and connect the dead device to a USB port on a computer to see if any drive comes up?
    GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Houston [this unquestioningly unfrequented clast]
    Originally posted by 杀死所有的白魔鬼 I just don't know if there's a way of extracting any files on it.

Don't worry, your buttcoins were worth nothing anyway.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Did you already try and connect the dead device to a USB port on a computer to see if any drive comes up?

Yes. It doesn't.
    Originally posted by GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Don't worry, your buttcoins were worth nothing anyway.

Don't think you know how crypto works.
    Sometimes it takes longer to dry thoroughly enough for the device to operate again. Water could be caught in pockets within the circuitboard. I've heard of some phones magically working again after a month after being submerged in water. You could also try to remove the entire logic board and put it into a working phone of the same make and model.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Dfg Put it in rice and leave it for few days, unplug the battery btw.

I think the rice thing is a myth, insofar that it doesn't do anything more than just letting your phone sit on a counter naturally drying would do.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    rice draws moisture out of the air, same principle as silica gel they put in sealed packets of food only cheaper
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Still a myth THANK YEWWEE
    GasTheKikesRaceWarNow Houston [this unquestioningly unfrequented clast]
    The microwave is the best for drying out electronics.
    Dfg Tuskegee Airman [compulsively riposte the emigrant]
    Originally posted by GasTheKikesRaceWarNow The microwave is the best for drying out electronics.

Well that completely dries and fries everything.
    BigLuigi Houston
    take the memory card out and put it in a usb card reader
    Originally posted by mmQ Still a myth THANK YEWWEE

Then you're kinda dumb. Rice has proven to be hygroscopic.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by 杀死所有的白魔鬼 Then you're kinda dumb. Rice has proven to be hygroscopic.

A myth is a related to the time relatively compared to drying a phone naturally and the rice technique being more "helpful."

STUPID!!
Jump to Top