User Controls

ATTN : ANGRY ONION,

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    what do you call that condition where your manual gearbox kicks back into neutral upon hard acceleration ????
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Depends on the type of tranny,linkage and shit.
    What type of car are you talking about.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    reluctant tranny syndrome
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    omfg this thread offends me. ur gonna get sued.
    Originally posted by benny vader what do you call that condition where your manual gearbox kicks back into neutral upon hard acceleration ????

A bad synchronizer

Mine does the same thing. Luckily it's only fifth gear that does it, so as long as I stay off the highway I'm good
    Sycro problem yes most likely but if you have a bad motor mount it could pull it into neutral on hard acceleration,if the transmission has external shift linkage.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox A bad synchronizer

Mine does the same thing. Luckily it's only fifth gear that does it, so as long as I stay off the highway I'm good

yea, a bad sync is the cause, but does the symptom have a special name ????
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Sycro problem yes most likely but if you have a bad motor mount it could pull it into neutral on hard acceleration,if the transmission has external shift linkage.

not mounting related for sure becos there was no noticeable movement on the gear stick.

just wondering what you would call this condition ????
    popping out of gear.
    I don't think it has a technical name.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by AngryOnion popping out of gear.
    I don't think it has a technical name.

was looking for common, street name, the kind that non-car or auto centric people would describe to their mechanics or among themselves.
    Originally posted by benny vader was looking for common, street name, the kind that non-car or auto centric people would describe to their mechanics or among themselves.

That is how you would describe it to a mechanic

Be warned that you're most likely looking at a bill >$1k to fix that
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox That is how you would describe it to a mechanic

Be warned that you're most likely looking at a bill >$1k to fix that

no, its the kind of disease you can live with.

either you just dont accelerate too hard or just keep your hand on the stick.

thats my usual advice.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by benny vader was looking for common, street name, the kind that non-car or auto centric people would describe to their mechanics or among themselves.

yeah but why ask english speaking people such a thing when you live in a country that doesn't even use the latin betabet? the only logical explanation is that you live in an english speaking country, as we've already suspected.

looks like somebody just slipped up

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by NARCassist yeah but why ask english speaking people such a thing when you live in a country that doesn't even use the latin betabet? the only logical explanation is that you live in an english speaking country, as we've already suspected.

looks like somebody just slipped up

becos im working on a story and i dont know how to write it.

Originally posted by benny vader becos im working on a story and i dont know how to write it.

Originally posted by benny vader becos im working on a story and i dont know how to write it.

lol, you got that excuse from your pal pete townshend

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by NARCassist

What's bullsitoughs mean?
    Originally posted by mmQ What's bullsitoughs mean?

well i was designing it to be easily understood by our chinese users as they are well known for their 'lost in translation' cock ups.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Cough bullshit coughs right? That's some weirdo letters to omit. What a goofball!

Originally posted by mmQ Cough bullshit coughs right? That's some weirdo letters to omit. What a goofball!

Jump to Top