User Controls

Can someone please help me with my diet?

What am I supposed to eating along with my workout?

This is my workout btw:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Right now I am not skinny, but I am not fat either. I am a normal size, MAYBE a bit of a gut (but over the past week of working out I've noticed it less).

I heard that diet contributes to like 70% (maybe even more) of your gains, so it's fucking important. Am I supposed to be eating enough to just maintain, or eating more, or less, or what? I've never gotten this shit.

And what's the best way to work out the numbers on how much I'm supposed to eat? This is too fucking hard someone help me!

The last time I did this workout and got gains I didn't do anything special with my diet but drink my protein shakes (which I'm doing now as well). However I only did it for like a month, so obviously gains would've been made, but maybe not as good as they would've been if I ate better?
    I think as long as you get the appropriate protein intake, and don’t impulsively shovel fast food down your gullet every waking minute, you should be fine.

The whole thing about “diet being more important than exercise” mainly applies to fatasses with no impulse control.

What do you eat on a daily basis right now?
    Originally posted by Fox Paws I think as long as you get the appropriate protein intake, and don’t impulsively shovel fast food down your gullet every waking minute, you should be fine.

The whole thing about “diet being more important than exercise” mainly applies to fatasses with no impulse control.

What do you eat on a daily basis right now?

I usually have a small breakfast, maybe a bit of cereal and some fruit. Then I eat about 3 slices of toast with salmon on them for lunch, and a protein shake. For dinner, whatever my mom makes lol (so like pasta one night, chicken the next, etc).

On the days I go to college I'll buy like a burger or something for lunch instead.

Throughout the day I'll have snacks like biscuits or something too.
    Maybe cut down on the bread, for snacks do mixed nuts or something instead (not peanuts). Other than that looks alright, for your purposes. I mean once you plateau and you’re trying to get absolutely shredded or whatever it’ll matter more.

How much cardio do you do?
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Maybe cut down on the bread, for snacks do mixed nuts or something instead (not peanuts). Other than that looks alright, for your purposes. I mean once you plateau and you’re trying to get absolutely shredded or whatever it’ll matter more.

How much cardio do you do?

Oh yeah, true! I'm gonna buy some pumpkin seeds or some shit, I forgot what they're called but I used to eat them all the time and they were healthy.

I do no cardio, however I walk a lot, and my weightlifting routine makes me sweat like crazy. Good enough?
    Yeah that’s probably fine. Cardio is overblown as well. If you don’t see progress with what you’re doing after a month, then maybe you’d have to make some adjustments.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Yeah that’s probably fine. Cardio is overblown as well. If you don’t see progress with what you’re doing after a month, then maybe you’d have to make some adjustments.

Yeah good point. Sweet! Okay I'm motivated for my second week. This is still going good.
    Don’t forget to update your personal workout blog on NIS!
    We all wanna know how you’re doing :D
    Originally posted by Fox Paws We all wanna know how you’re doing :D

do ya.

I assume nobody reads it, I write it for myself but it seems weird to not share it.
    Yeah, no one will care until it’s done and you post before/after pics honestly
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Yeah, no one will care until it’s done and you post before/after pics honestly

Well I'll post the before/after pics at the end. And then I can get a bunch of nitpicky, useless comments from everyone about how my triceps should be bigger, etc. It'll totally be worth it...

I had infinityshock already making fun of me for not including the bar weight in my stats. Like just fuck off, lol.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/1f93qo/after_hitting_the_gym_and_getting_in_shape_did/

I like the answers in this thread. This post is promising:

Yes and no. Women did not approach me in person more often, but they did indicate interest in online dating sites more often. Usually they might send me a message that said simply "hi". So then I would start talking to them online.
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    As long as your protein intake is over 100g, don't overthink it too much, but I would suggest replacing the cereal, toast and biscuits with proteins, fats and vegetables, such as eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, nuts, any vegetables, etc. This simple replacement of empty carbs/sugar with protein will give you an up to 25% increase in gains.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Daily As long as your protein intake is over 100g, don't overthink it too much, but I would suggest replacing the cereal, toast and biscuits with proteins, fats and vegetables, such as eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, nuts, any vegetables, etc. This simple replacement of empty carbs/sugar with protein will give you an up to 25% increase in gains.

don't the toast, cereal, etc I eat count towards anything? like there's carbs and fats in that shit as well right? or it it just a waste coz there's too much other shit in there as well when I could have better foods?
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    You don't need carbs for energy. If you consume low carbs, your body will use stored body fat for energy. You don't even need to be in ketosis for this to happen. I would say, yes, they literally don't count for anything. These kinds of foods simply act as fuel to maintain your weight - they do not contribute to anything else. I'm not even talking about health here, I'm just talking about gainz - but when you do cut these post-agricultural revolution foods out of your diet, your mental health will improve significantly. If you still wanna eat relatively healthy, low calorie carbs, then I would suggest sweet potatoes, wholegrains, etc. Carbs have too many calories anyway - don't you wanna get ripped? You could put on muscle in the next few months but thus muscle would be covered by all the fat from all the excess calories. Which carbs are the culprits of (proteins and fats are way more filling). So fuck that
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Steroids

All those pictures you see of the insanely shredded fucks are steroid users.

I gave up on working out, I just let it happen now. Nicotine is a good supplement.

I suggest you juice.
    Originally posted by Slaynk Steroids

All those pictures you see of the insanely shredded fucks are steroid users.

I gave up on working out, I just let it happen now. Nicotine is a good supplement.

I suggest you juice.

I'm not going to physically damage myself just to emotionally damage women.
    Originally posted by Enter I'm not going to physically damage myself just to emotionally damage women.

Then you're going to have to stick to fat bitches son.
    Applebottm Houston [our biased demode moss-trooper]
    Originally posted by The Self Taught Man Yeah, no one will care until it’s done and you post before/after pics honestly

How come I can’t see the poster Fox 🦊 paws 🐾

🤷🏻‍♀️
Jump to Top