User Controls

What religions do you encounter regularly, and what are your thoughts about them?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I'm in the technology corridor of the Midwest, and there are a lot of Muslims in the area who either work in this industry or who aspire to. I've worked in pharmacy, where there were a lot of them either working as pharmacy assistants or seeking to become pharmacists themselves. They're kind of like what conservatives pretend to be, in that they typically observe a strong, traditional family structure and regulate their children's behavior carefully. They usually go to good, local schools where most of them study to become health professionals. My undergrad was one of these predominantly Muslim schools, so you could say I have a lot of exposure.

Interacting with Muslims in these areas, I've noticed that the younger ones associate primarily with other Muslims. I've never felt discriminated against, but I think they just like things a certain way, and so for practical reasons, they prefer to keep to their own kind. I think it's just easier, it's not easy for second-generation immigrants to break this boundary. It's not universal: some of my closest friends are Arabic. I've noticed that these individuals have grown up with one foot in their close-knit Muslim community and the other keeping in step with the rest of us. As Americans, they think critically about the values their parents learned in their native countries, but as Muslims, they respect those same rules.

This generation of savvy Muslim-Americans will inherit the entire tradition, and it is my belief that they will change the face of Islam in the United States as the jobs they find here initiate them into the upper-middle class. They have put their religion on the fast-track to secularization.
    Muslims, they are pretty cool.

Christians, Catholics. I don't mind them, I see more ethnic Christians than whites these days

Other misc Asian people religions, I pay no attention to them.

That's about it. Also lots of Sikhs
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    The Christians I've encountered have cucked out to progressive politics, e.g. pro LGBTQPedo, marrying CC sluts, welcoming muslims to outbreed their genetic population.

The Muslims here vary greatly, ranging from wannabe gangstas who are essentially culturally negroes, to friendly welfare leeches with 6 kids, to westernised, integrated, hard working and ambitious individuals. The hojabis keep themselves pussy virgins by only sucking dick and getting fucked in the ass incase their future husband checks that their hymens are intact.

The jedis here are typical social justice postmodernist stereotypes.

The Hindus are taxonomic betas but prioritise education and high paying prestigious careers.
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel Muslims, they are pretty cool.

Christians, Catholics. I don't mind them, I see more ethnic Christians than whites these days

Other misc Asian people religions, I pay no attention to them.

That's about it. Also lots of Sikhs

I take it you live in an urban setting. It must be interesting to see so many different faiths represented close to home. What are your interactions like with the Sikhs, on the occasion you meet one?
    Christians, hindus and sikhs. I hand them all a copy of "The End of Faith" and "The God Delusion" so they can learn about how religion is the source of all evil and human suffering. I shoot muslims on sight.
    Originally posted by Daily The Christians I've encountered have cucked out to progressive politics, e.g. pro LGBTQPedo, marrying CC sluts, welcoming muslims to outbreed their genetic population.

The Muslims here vary greatly, ranging from wannabe gangstas who are essentially culturally negroes, to friendly welfare leeches with 6 kids, to westernised, integrated, hard working and ambitious individuals. The hojabis keep themselves pussy virgins by only sucking dick and getting fucked in the ass incase their future husband checks that their hymens are intact.

The jedis here are typical social justice postmodernist stereotypes.

The Hindus are taxonomic betas but prioritise education and high paying prestigious careers.

Be glad you have the liberal Christians - we have their right-wing counterparts in the states, who are even worse godless hypocrites. It sounds like the Muslims by you are better assimilated and reflect the general population more closely. In the US I think there's an obsession with status which drives them to behave the same way you've encountered Hindus.
    Originally posted by inb4l0pht Christians, hindus and sikhs. I hand them all a copy of "The End of Faith" and "The God Delusion" so they can learn about how religion is the source of all evil and human suffering. I shoot muslims on sight.

I'm sure they appreciate that, I will strive to do the same in my locale.
    I live in the Bible Belt.

So Islam is pretty big around here
    Originally posted by Zanick I take it you live in an urban setting. It must be interesting to see so many different faiths represented close to home. What are your interactions like with the Sikhs, on the occasion you meet one?

Usually buying stuff from them at a store lol
    HTS highlight reel
    Sikhism. Sikhs are bros.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    This guy at work is always praying before he eats. I think it's stupid.
    Originally posted by Obbe This guy at work is always praying before he eats. I think it's stupid.

Why do you think it’s stupid
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Why do you think it’s stupid

I don't really know. Maybe stupid is the wrong thing to say. I just don't like it. I don't know what he gets out of it. Seems like a waste of time. Seems embarrassing.
    Yeah praying is gay
    I meet the Krishna people a lot around Florida. Some of them are cool and really use it as a philosophical grounding for being a compassionate, mature adult. Some are basically sheeplike folk that seek some kind of cure for their deficiencies through dedication.

I'll recount two of my many encounters with Krishna Consciousness individuals, both of whom were my Uber drivers on some fine evening.

The first tale begins with a ride home from a gym. I went to a Gold's that was pretty far from my home, so this was a long ride.

I was sitting in the back, smelling like wet pits and this gentleman starts talking spirituality with me. I get into the middle of what seemed to be a deep and incredible conversation with him, and I started talking about my attraction to Buddhism.

Then he starts talking like a child and telling me that "I tried Buddhism but I felt something lacking... I went down that road and I knew I wanted more..." and basically tried to steer me towards Krishna shit. We got to my place and kept talking and I just kept getting more and more annoyed, and I refused to step out of the car; I wanted to crush him.

His skull was so dense that it collapsed into a black hole of ignorance from which no intelligent though could escape. Finally, I got pissed and cut the conversation with "well I have things to get to. I hope you have a very nice day". Before I get out, he offers me a Krishna book. I accept it with a smile, and the explicit intention of throwing it in the trash and wasting a few cents of the Krishna temple's money.

I leave feeling thoroughly annoyed and put off by Krishna people. I don't give bad Uber reviews, so I skipped on giving him any review.

---------------------------------

Now for the second tale: I caught an uber on my way to a date. I was absolutely planning on getting shithammered that night because I was actually nervous as fuck, and I really liked this girl a lot. This Uber driver pulls up in a Bentley. I ordered regular UberX. He had his Oakley sunglasses on his head and a sweet ass monk hairdo, with a ponytail at the back, and a grizzly stubble.

"How you doing amigo?"

I climb in. Not bad. I'm nervous but I'm doing alright.

"Why are you nervous? What's troubling you, my friend?"

I'm on my way to a date and I'm not so sure about whether she'll like me a lot or not, she's into totally different things and she seems really wild while I'm a pretty quiet and reserved guy.

"Ain't nodthing you gotta warry abaout amigo, you look great. And if she don't like you, is her loss."

Haha of course, but I can't help it, the nervousness is more of a physical response. I'll be fine.

"Yes will my friend. You're one of god's blessed creatures. You will be fine".

This spins off into a deep conversation about thought and being and philosophy and how the way we live our lives is up to us by controlling our reaction to the situation rather than the situation itself, and extends 15 minutes after the end of my Uber trip. I was early so I didn't mind chit chatting. This time, the chat didn't end on my terms, because I could have sat there for an hour. Krishna comes up twice, because he tells me briefly about his own philosophy and why the Krishna stuff gives him happiness. The conversation is brought to a close by another Uber trip queued up for him. He offers me a book that he says night help me find peace like he did. It's a Krishna book.

I exit the car and put the book in my coat pocket. It slightly messed up the lines of my suit but I cared more about reading the book. I gained a great respect for the Krishna people that day.
    Dionysus Houston
    Mostly muslim, christian and hindu in my area. Most people don't give a fuck. Being baptized I have some affinity for the catholics, but not being religious I think its all pretty stupid.
Jump to Top