User Controls

Who would live longer

Two scenarios

Imagine you lived a comfortable walk from your job (think a walk from your college dorm to class)

One guy gets a ride

Would the guy driving who gets a ride to work live longer than the guy who walks?
    The first dude.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Too many unknown variables to draw a conclusion. If every single thing is the same other than what you listed, meaning same job, same working conditions, same lifestyle, same genetics, same everything, then yeah I would think the guy that walks would live longer than the guy who sits.

Also, statistically, more people die from being in a car wreck than from being hit by a car as a pedestrian.
    Kill yourself for making this waste of bandwidth thread.
    Originally posted by Jeremus Kill yourself for making this waste of bandwidth thread.

NARCassist gollums fat coach
    what about an industrial accident at work, you gotta factor that in, could happen to either of them equally.

Originally posted by NARCassist what about an industrial accident at work, you gotta factor that in, could happen to either of them equally.

Na man, they're both accountants in two separate but equal universes
    The guy who walked might live slightly longer..I'd imagine the benefits of the short walk would increase the more sedentary they both are (assuming all other variables are exactly the same, obviously)
    Originally posted by greenplastic The guy who walked might live slightly longer..I'd imagine the benefits of the short walk would increase the more sedentary they both are (assuming all other variables are exactly the same, obviously)

That plus driving increases your risk of accidental death majorly
    OP I did a complex mathematical analysis in my lab and came up with this math that is definitely 100% accurate at determining the lifespan of indentical people with identical lives in identical universes where everything else is the same, based on how much time they spent walking.

Jump to Top