User Controls

high af listening to noizu

Lately, for about the past two or so years I haven't really been in the mood for music at all.
    Being homeless and living in and out of various situations has caused me to feel very disillusioned and stressed out, I didn't feel good enough for music so all I could do was get high and watch/read/listen on conspiracy theories and world events/politics.
    Here I am though, it's 4:30am, I'm tired and about ready to sleep, but here I sit getting medicated (my tolerance is really way too high I need to take a braek) while browsing through music on my laptop.
    It started out I was looking for files to upload to google music but I decided to just lounge and listen to music.
    First thing that caught my eye was the Contagious Orgasm folder, I used to listen to that band a lot back in 2011 - 2012 but back then wasn't able to fully appreciate it as I couldn't see where they were coming from or their mission statement, to me it was just quirky j-experimental electronic music but sitting here tired and high it has taken on a new light

Can you imagine being a noizu listening stoner otaku back in 1987 listen to this on cassette tape for the first time?
    Who had access to this stuff besides concert goers and people who knew the artists back then?

When you're initially getting into noise, and even going on for many years you can approach a band from a complete alien way than how they originally intended.
    For many they never come to know the music from the original understanding of the artist, instead, like myself, they take on their own interpretation of the sounds.
    Many noise artists though draw inspiration and influence from sources a modern noisier would have either never come across or drew connections to ...

Case in point

Merzbow
    Many people are like
    "Wtf is Merzbow really, like ... how do you "listen" to his music?"
    Merzbow is like the soundtrack to some stop motion short film picture collage of magazine cutups thrown about in a manner that could induce mania or seizures.

Normal music is so boring to me now
    I want to explore new avenues ... but since 2006 I have essentially absorbed all there is to music worth listening to/that I would be interested in, now I'm looking for more experiential music
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    https://bugscrawlingoutofpeople.bandcamp.com/album/the-all-too-logical-descent-into-madness

enjoy
    Originally posted by aldra https://bugscrawlingoutofpeople.bandcamp.com/album/the-all-too-logical-descent-into-madness

enjoy

eh rhythmic noise and noise are two different things

with that said there are quite a few really naisu rhythmic noise releases

ANYWAYS

some experiential music

imagine being this proud about being a fucking invalid
    Originally posted by lempoid loompus imagine being this proud about being a fucking invalid

This is a thread for posting experiential sounds/noise music for listen to while high go project your retardation elsewhere
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've listened to all those except GEISTFORM, didn't know HANDS was still around. sort of fell out of the scene after Cold Meat shut down.

I thought you might like the 'spoken word' stuff laid over the top of Pneumatic Detach, some of them are pretty amusing
    I don't really listen to this type of music but I was watching this youtube video a while back about the slowest sounds that the human mind interprets as music and how they even make music slower than that and people still listen to it but it's more of an atmospheric thing since it's too slow for the mind to recognize as music.

Also that one that aldra posted sounds almost exactly like disgustipated by tool. I'm not sure who did it first but one of them definitely ripped off the other.
Jump to Top