User Controls

Fuck Minimalism and German design

It is alright for a bunch of things but niggas these days don't know shit about making an expressive or attractive product. As butt ass ugly some of the things from previous decades turned out, there was a lot of fun shit in there too. Every phone looks like a slab because they want the broadest appeal. Hopefully the "ooh shiny" futuristic appeal will eventually fall away, and we can actually go back to bigger phones (and electronics in general) being the norm, for more expressive design, and functionality.

The point of minimalism is to allow the design to be as unexpressive and as functional as possible. The point is to keep you away from distractions and direct you towards use. That's a noble goal but there was a time when products felt like they wanted to be loved as a whole; matte, textured exteriors, pretty wastes of space (like lovely curves) and ergonomics featured over aethetics. Something more Italian. Why the fuck is all this shit so boring?
    Idk man I don't even notice that kind of thing tbh. I'm the kind of person that when something breaks I just live with whatever workaround I can manage, even if it's really inconvenient, because I don't want to go out of my way to fix it.
    Originally posted by greenplastic Idk man I don't even notice that kind of thing tbh. I'm the kind of person that when something breaks I just live with whatever workaround I can manage, even if it's really inconvenient, because I don't want to go out of my way to fix it.

German design and minimalism also encourages fragility in many ways. For example, squared edges are structurally weaker than rounded edges. Similarly, plastic is an incredibile material that is massively durable, but is ignored for cheap aesthetic purposes... And people put these phones into cases anyway because they don't want to break them. Just make em chunkier and cuter!
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Mercedes do be goin' hard tho :

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    xy0 Houston
    That looks like one of the most booring cars ive ever seen. Completely unoriginal
    Soyboy African Astronaut [relevantly rival my dehydroretinol]
    Originally posted by RestStop Mercedes do be goin' hard tho :

It looks ugly to me, because there is so much moulded plastic waiting to get caught in something, and because it's going to be a nightmare to disassemble and replace parts.

And lets not even start fuel consumption or on the electrics.

And low profile tyres in the countryside? Seriously?

You see someone coming in one of those and either they're:
    a) so rich the car is disposable
    b) obsessed about what other people think of them and have low self esteem
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING It looks ugly to me, because there is so much moulded plastic waiting to get caught in something, and because it's going to be a nightmare to disassemble and replace parts.

And lets not even start fuel consumption or on the electrics.

And low profile tyres in the countryside? Seriously?

You see someone coming in one of those and either they're:
    a) so rich the car is disposable
    b) obsessed about what other people think of them and have low self esteem

Goes for pretty much all Mercedes

The only ones I liked were the 190e and the SLS
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by RestStop Mercedes do be goin' hard tho :

is this poster for income inequality ???
    Originally posted by benny vader is this poster for income inequality ???

Nah, it's poster for people who want to look like they have money but don't

They spend all their money on car payments and then are fucked when it shits the bed and they still have a year of car payments left

Same goes for Lexus, but Lexus owners somehow manage to be even worse

People who actually have money buy maserati, Aston Martin, bentley, and rolls royce
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox Nah, it's poster for people who want to look like they have money but don't

They spend all their money on car payments and then are fucked when it shits the bed and they still have a year of car payments left

it looks like an income inequality poster to incite some class warfare.

its fucked up a family have live in a hut with rusted out tin roofs while another faggot gets to drive in a car that costs 50times more than that hut in the background.

gasthecapitalistsclasswarnow
    Originally posted by benny vader it looks like an income inequality poster to incite some class warfare.

its fucked up a family have live in a hut with rusted out tin roofs while another faggot gets to drive in a car that costs 50times more than that hut in the background.

gasthecapitalistsclasswarnow

#pushthebutton
    Originally posted by Juicebox #pushthebutton

We need to make this a thing.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox #pushthebutton

shouldnt it be #pressthebutton ???
    Originally posted by benny vader shouldnt it be #pressthebutton ???

Either works
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Juicebox Either works

no, push implies a lot more work and effort are needed, which most people today have adverse reaction to ...

press is more motivating and alluring.
    Originally posted by xy0 That looks like one of the most booring cars ive ever seen. Completely unoriginal

Have you seen the features inside? If the outside is boring, then the inside is hard to keep up with due to so many buttons and features and shit.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Have you seen the features inside? If the outside is boring, then the inside is hard to keep up with due to so many buttons and features and shit.

All of which are unnecessary for achieving the goal of "getting from point a to point b"
    Originally posted by Juicebox All of which are unnecessary for achieving the goal of "getting from point a to point b"

True. They're there for comfort, not anything else.

My car gets less comfortable if I am to sit in it for half a day driving.
    Soyboy African Astronaut [relevantly rival my dehydroretinol]
    Originally posted by benny vader its fucked up a family have live in a hut with rusted out tin roofs while another faggot gets to drive in a car that costs 50times more than that hut in the background.

It looks like a stable or some sort of farm shed, and they probably cost more or less the same when land is taken into consideration.

Also that car is probably CGI - most of the time they choose to just render products in promotional posters.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING It looks like a stable or some sort of farm shed, and they probably cost more or less the same when land is taken into consideration.

thats not the point.

my point was there is an ocean between the rich and the poor.
Jump to Top