User Controls

Religion is good for people

A God is basically something you make up. Then you align yourself/your tribe with it, and praise it.

Because you are aligned with it, you are basically praising yourself and your tribe.

This has benefits for self esteem.

In the old world all successful cities had Gods who served as foundational myths. These were usually just crappy wooden statues or carved stone. When a rival tribe would conquer a neighbour they'd steal their "gods". Cities without Gods became cucks and often just fell apart.

Here's an example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium_(classical_antiquity)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancile
    Religion is cancer
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Last night I was playing Minecraft on a free speech server.

Guy comes on saying he can heal people through prayer.

He asked me if I have pain in my pinky finger.

I broke my pinky a few years ago at work. I don't think it healed right. Always feels sore.

I told him about it.

He started praying for me.

I felt a cool sensation over my whole body and especially in my finger. It felt good.

My finger stopped hurting.

He told me it was the power of Jesus.
    Originally posted by Issue313 In the old world all successful cities had Gods who served as foundational myths. These were usually just crappy wooden statues or carved stone. When a rival tribe would conquer a neighbour they'd steal their "gods". Cities without Gods became cucks and often just fell apart.

Here's an example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium_(classical_antiquity)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancile

Check out a book called The Origins of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes.

It's basically all about that shit.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Last night I was playing Minecraft on a free speech server.

Guy comes on saying he can heal people through prayer.

He asked me if I have pain in my pinky finger.

I broke my pinky a few years ago at work. I don't think it healed right. Always feels sore.

I told him about it.

He started praying for me.

I felt a cool sensation over my whole body and especially in my finger. It felt good.

My finger stopped hurting.

He told me it was the power of Jesus.

There was this one time where out of nowhere I had this super vivid dream about god. I basically met this old woman who transported me to an asteroid belt in some distant star system and explained to me the glory of god and all the secrets of life.

Then I woke up and was like “well that was weird”. It seemed like god was sending me a message but I was just thinking to myself, “that doesn’t prove shit though. If god really wanted me to believe in him then he would send me some kind of sign right now while I’m awake in real life.”

Then like 5 mins later someone knocked on the door and it was 2 teenagers with a bible asking me to come to their bible study group.

I just thought to myself like “man this is such an amazingly random coincidence” and told them no, went about my day.
    Cool story bro.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Maybe religion was a useful thing when we were tribes, then. Why do you think it's valuable now?
    Originally posted by Zanick Maybe religion was a useful thing when we were tribes, then. Why do you think it's valuable now?

Are we not still tribes?
    Originally posted by Issue313 Are we not still tribes?

I think we no longer have the needs of tribes, so we shouldn't treat ourselves like we're in them.
    Originally posted by Zanick I think we no longer have the needs of tribes, so we shouldn't treat ourselves like we're in them.

Who is we?
    Originally posted by Issue313 Who is we?

The majority of civilization that does not operate within a tribal model. Evolution might be still occurring to broaden our cognitive perception of groups, but I think we have emerged from that era. There are a few instances where a primitive, tribal mentality is the case - I think they should be left alone, for the most part.
    Originally posted by Zanick The majority of civilization that does not operate within a tribal model. Evolution might be still occurring to broaden our cognitive perception of groups, but I think we have emerged from that era. There are a few instances where a primitive, tribal mentality is the case - I think they should be left alone, for the most part.

Most people operate within some sort of tribal model, as least as far as identity and race go.

To be completely without tribe is to be a perfectly atomised, rootless individual.
    mso8 Houston
    hey, all i know is that if someone prevents me from buying alcohol on Sunday they can go fuck themselves.
    Originally posted by Issue313 Most people operate within some sort of tribal model, as least as far as identity and race go.

To be completely without tribe is to be a perfectly atomised, rootless individual.

That's true, but racial identity is hardly a vehicle for determining religion except in the most extreme of cases. While the habit of organizing our social model via cognitive tribalism is still prevalent, we have no reason to believe it remains useful. Given enough time, my thinking is that it will prove to be an obsolete way of perceiving relationships. We may not atomize the individual (I'm stealing that btw) completely, what I propose rather is that we will find a new grounding for our social cognition altogether.
    HTS highlight reel
    Humans are one unified tribe. All religions are bad because they create and REINFORCE tribal divisions where none/few exist naturally. 😏
    Religion is irrelevant and ultimately soul sucking, dangerous and a waste of potential.
    Volk is all you need.
    Your people, your bloodline.
    Originally posted by HTS Humans are one unified tribe. All religions are bad because they create and REINFORCE tribal divisions where none/few exist naturally. 😏

No.
    Humans are separate.
    McDonald's, Nike and Apple are not our culture or leaders.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume No.
    Humans are separate.
    McDonald's, Nike and Apple are not our culture or leaders.

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRIBE.

THE HUMAN TRIBE.
    Originally posted by Zanick That's true, but racial identity is hardly a vehicle for determining religion except in the most extreme of cases. While the habit of organizing our social model via cognitive tribalism is still prevalent, we have no reason to believe it remains useful. Given enough time, my thinking is that it will prove to be an obsolete way of perceiving relationships. We may not atomize the individual (I'm stealing that btw) completely, what I propose rather is that we will find a new grounding for our social cognition altogether.

Wrong. People who think this way have low birth rates and their sick ideology is dying out.

Originally posted by HTS THERE IS ONLY ONE TRIBE.

THE HUMAN TRIBE.

This sort of xenophobia is why aliens haven't visited.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws There was this one time where out of nowhere I had this super vivid dream about god. I basically met this old woman who transported me to an asteroid belt in some distant star system and explained to me the glory of god and all the secrets of life.

Then I woke up and was like “well that was weird”. It seemed like god was sending me a message but I was just thinking to myself, “that doesn’t prove shit though. If god really wanted me to believe in him then he would send me some kind of sign right now while I’m awake in real life.”

Then like 5 mins later someone knocked on the door and it was 2 teenagers with a bible asking me to come to their bible study group.

I just thought to myself like “man this is such an amazingly random coincidence” and told them no, went about my day.

Jump to Top