User Controls

trader joe's smoked ghost chili pepper grinder

anyone ever have this shit? i eat it all the time because it's fucking amazing tasting and really spicy.
    Never had that but I've had other ghost pepper products and it's definitely good stuff.

Lately when I've been craving hot sauce I've been using Mad Dog 357, I'm used to spicy food but I can only handle about three or four drops of that stuff at a time unless I want to burn the fuck out of my tongue and mouth and start pouring sweat.

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, it's great. It's fairly flavor-neutral and you don't need much so it works in just about anything. Your typical cayenne or asian chili oil can throw off the taste of stuff if you use a lot but with this stuff it's just like the recipe gets hotter without any change in the flavor. One jar lasts ages too
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    The other TJs specific spice I use all the time is this stuff:

Not as versatile but I like throwing it in most unami-heavy dishes.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Lanny The other TJs specific spice I use all the time is this stuff:

Is this one also super spicy? It looks good regardless, I'll have to try it out next time I see it.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    nah, it's not very spicy at all, sometimes I combine it with the ghost chili stuff. But the lime flavor comes through well even after cooking.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    im scared for my asshole to try ghost pappers . so it just adds heat and not flavor??
    Originally posted by A College Professor im scared for my asshole to try ghost pappers . so it just adds heat and not flavor??

It adds flavor too. The only stuff that tends to add heat without flavor are extracts. Even ultra hot sauces tend to add flavor with the heat unless it's very extract heavy.
    Originally posted by Lanny The other TJs specific spice I use all the time is this stuff:

That stuff is really tasty on fruit.
    I never cared for the taste of ghost pepper. I use this stuff and it's great

Jump to Top