User Controls

Melatonin

Rivotril Houston
    Did anybody here feel some shit with melatonin? Do you sleep well only with it or you need to use it with other substance?

I've been using along with zolpidem to sleep, but when I use it alone rarely I feel something, even with lights off.
    its a hormone
    RestStop Space Nigga
    I used it for about 6 months straight about two years ago. It's a tricky thing IMO because just a .5-1 milligram difference can mean tossing and turning or sleeping like a rock and feeling like shit the next day. I had 10mg and at the end I was breaking them into pieces and taking what would amount to 75% of the pill where I started taking maybe a quarter of it.
    Look into efficacy studies. Low dose is the way to go. I personally didn't feel shit from melatonin till i got 500ug pills. It helps me sleep. Also intensifies my dreams
    Gun Lover Yung Blood
    Originally posted by 哈哈你看不懂中文 Look into efficacy studies. Low dose is the way to go. I personally didn't feel shit from melatonin till i got 500ug pills. It helps me sleep. Also intensifies my dreams

No shit? I always got a good effect from 3mg and up, but the increased dose wasn't more effective. I always thought the 300-500mcg tabs were bordering on homeopathy.
    Originally posted by Gun Lover No shit? I always got a good effect from 3mg and up, but the increased dose wasn't more effective. I always thought the 300-500mcg tabs were bordering on homeopathy.

It's fucking weird. Amounts vary, but there are lots of studies claiming that 1mg/sub mg doses are more effective than higher doses, and even that higher doses can be counter-productive for sleep.

http://news.mit.edu/2001/melatonin-1017 (300ug)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8856838 (1mg)

I swear there was a study done within the last couple years that backed the 300ug of MIT's 2001 study as the most effective dose for insomnia, but I can't find it. Might be mistaken, but it's still interesting.
    Gun Lover Yung Blood
    I owe you a thanks, §m£ÂgØL.

Melatonin is fucking weird. Not too surprised I was wrong.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Lol, when I worked in a pharmacy a doctor wrote up a prescription asking us to compound 300µg tablets for their patient, but my boss just had us point them in the direction of the OTC 3mg instead.
Jump to Top