User Controls

Is human behavior biological?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Do you think that, even as we go about our day-to-day, we are concerned primarily with the fulfilment of unconscious wishes which are rooted in biological drives? Where do you draw the line between the higher-order decisionmaking capabilities and the mental complexity of an animal?
    Nooooooo
    What have u done
    Originally posted by Zanick Where do you draw the line between the higher-order decisionmaking capabilities and the mental complexity of an animal?

Why do we think such a line exists?

There probably is something not quite strictly chemical going on in the body, just based on the evidence we have of psychic phenomena, and awareness is kinda interesting, but I don't think people make decisions of a non-chemical origin very often.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.
    Originally posted by Issue313 Why do we think such a line exists?

There probably is something not quite strictly chemical going on in the body, just based on the evidence we have of psychic phenomena, and awareness is kinda interesting, but I don't think people make decisions of a non-chemical origin very often.

What evidence
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    If you enter this thread to say yes while denying race differences you are mentally ill
    Originally posted by Fox Paws What evidence

http://deanradin.com/evidence/evidence.htm
    There is no mind-body separation. It is all biological. But that doesn't mean it can't also be something else.
    As soon as Obbe enters this thread, I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Of course human behavior is biological.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Of course human behavior is biological.

Originally posted by Enter As soon as Obbe enters this thread, I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass!

Didn't happen.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Didn't happen.

That's a great movie.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Do you think that racism can be passed on through genetics, or is it inherited from environment situations?
    Originally posted by mashlehash Do you think that racism can be passed on through genetics, or is it inherited from environment situations?

No, reactions to social constructs can't be passed on through genetics.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    That's what I think
    Though I thought it a thinker question.
    F0N Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Zanick Do you think that, even as we go about our day-to-day, we are concerned primarily with the fulfilment of unconscious wishes which are rooted in biological drives? Where do you draw the line between the higher-order decisionmaking capabilities and the mental complexity of an animal?

Only in the sense that we need to satisfy essential needs like food, water and sleep. Too much variability between and within cultures to make any claim about satisfying "unconscious wishes which are rooted in biological drives" other than those vital to survival with any certainty. Need to unpack that idea a bit more. What sort of wishes do you have in mind?
Jump to Top