User Controls

CSS?

mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Back to the computer languages.

Who has used CSS? I find it to be pretty simple to learn, though I have had my confused moments.

I tried out Python but a monkey would know how to operate it better than I do.
    PAAAAAAAANNY
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    CSS isn't a programming language.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SBTlauien CSS isn't a programming language.

True.

Also what's so difficult about Python Mash? Tell me what you don't understand and i will try to help.

https://lemire.me/blog/2011/03/08/breaking-news-htmlcss-is-turing-complete/

CSS is really neat. You should take time to get familiar with it and HTML, including use of class and id, as it's just so fundamental to website design. There is so much you can do with CSS, such as animations and responsive (meaning mobile) design.

Then maybe move on to manipulating CSS and HTML with javascript.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I like its syntax, but dislike it in general

do you have a specific question?

Please explain further.
    Originally posted by mashlehash Please explain further.

Its a styling language.
    Forgive my arrogance...new to coding but, styling language?
    ))<>(( Yung Blood
    CSS just makes stuff look different. It does more now, but the basic idea was to take so-and-so specific HTML element or types of elements or whatever, and say they're going to have this color, this size, etc. It's a way to take things that would normally be all over the place in HTML (<font> tags everywhere) and put them in one place, in the CSS, where you can change them easily and have it take effect for all the pages using that CSS.

CSS is only providing instruction to the browser about how some things look and behave, it isn't taking and processing data and performing complex tasks like a programming language.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    I prefer 1.6.

Bitch
    ))<>(( Yung Blood
    I prefer CSS:GO, it's a lot more fun running around outside meeting people and catching wild selectors than just sitting in my mom's basement
    when i die bury me with all my ice on
    when i die bury me with all the lights on
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Issue313 https://lemire.me/blog/2011/03/08/breaking-news-htmlcss-is-turing-complete/

CSS is really neat. You should take time to get familiar with it and HTML, including use of class and id, as it's just so fundamental to website design. There is so much you can do with CSS, such as animations and responsive (meaning mobile) design.

Then maybe move on to manipulating CSS and HTML with javascript.

This was a pretty poorly reported finding. The author himself stepped back from the claim. It's TC assuming the user acts according to a mechanical set of rules which isn't really the same thing as being turing complete. A piece of paper is TC if you have a person writing on it according to an appropriate set of rules.
    Originally posted by Sophie True.

Also what's so difficult about Python Mash? Tell me what you don't understand and i will try to help.

Thanks for the offer. I'll send you a pm in a bit.
    Originally posted by Sophie True.

Are you good at python?
    ))<>(( Yung Blood
    what's hard about python you just import whatever you need bada bing bada boom don't even need any fuckin brackets
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by BRiCK Are you good at python?

Not as good as Lanny but i am pretty decent at it.
    Lanny knows NOTHING
    Originally posted by Sophie Not as good as Lanny but i am pretty decent at it.

I'd say you're an expert level Pythonist.
Jump to Top