User Controls

Happiness

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]

So. What's this one all about?
    Oh god. Nice animation and all but anyone could tell you what it's about. This is fucking elementary school level philosophy. Holy fuck I"m actually angry.

I bet it has millions of views by normie reddit faggots.

YEP it does. I hate people. I fucking hate people.

I bet they're all like "wow so true mannn" but then just go on about their day anyway, forgetting they even watched it.

HATE.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Fuck you, Obbe.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Enter Oh god. Nice animation and all but anyone could tell you what it's about. This is fucking elementary school level philosophy. Holy fuck I"m actually angry.

I bet it has millions of views by normie reddit faggots.

YEP it does. I hate people. I fucking hate people.

I bet they're all like "wow so true mannn" but then just go on about their day anyway, forgetting they even watched it.

HATE.

There's no escape from the race... what can they do but acknowledge their plight and go on with their daily lives?
    Originally posted by HTS There's no escape from the race… what can they do but acknowledge their plight and go on with their daily lives?

Form a vanguard party and seize the means of production
    Originally posted by HTS There's no escape from the race… what can they do but acknowledge their plight and go on with their daily lives?

Leave society, and/or take out revenge on society. There are multiple ways to do both of these things.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Form a vanguard party and seize the means of production

americans are unproductive.

seizing their means of production would mean seizing unproductivity.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It's about how running out of drugs is bad, instead just keep the drugs flowing.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

this one's probably my favourite
    Xlite African Astronaut
    People should stop seeking happiness and start to improve themselves instead.
    Happiness is usually short lived. No reason to waste time and resources for a quick fix when you can reach your full potential via self improvement techniques. When all is set and done you will be extremely satisfied with yourself and this will last quite a bit longer than the quick fix.
    Fuck you, Obbe.
    Originally posted by Xlite People should stop seeking happiness and start to improve themselves instead.
    Happiness is usually short lived. No reason to waste time and resources for a quick fix when you can reach your full potential via self improvement techniques. When all is set and done you will be extremely satisfied with yourself and this will last quite a bit longer than the quick fix.

Kinda. IMO happiness is a side effect of having purpose, security, stability and achievement. People should strive to occupy themselves with meaningful and challenging activities.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Kinda. IMO happiness is a side effect of having purpose, security, stability and achievement.

Not always though. Drugs can make you happy, sex can make you happy, eating can make you happy, spending money makes you happy, seeing loved ones can make you happy etc. These a few of the quick fixes i was talking about. People should refrain from indulging in these things too often as they will weaken you over time. Too much of anything is bad.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon People should strive to occupy themselves with meaningful and challenging activities that would improve their overall state of being.

I totally agree.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Kinda. IMO happiness is a side effect of having purpose, security, stability and achievement. People should strive to occupy themselves with meaningful and challenging activities.

I don't want and/or can't have any of those things. How be happy?
    Originally posted by Xlite Not always though. Drugs can make you happy, sex can make you happy, eating can make you happy, spending money makes you happy, seeing loved ones can make you happy etc. These a few of the quick fixes i was talking about. People should refrain from indulging in these things too often as they will weaken you over time. Too much of anything is bad.

I guess my definition of happiness is really decoupled from just the release of dopamine in your brain. I agree with you on those things.
    Originally posted by HTS I don't want

yes, you are mentally ill

and/or can't have any of those things. How be happy?

Awesome. Work towards being capable of having those things. You will be happy.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon yes, you are mentally ill

Awesome. Work towards being capable of having those things. You will be happy.

I can't achieve. What counts as meaningful? No, no... that just won't do.
    Originally posted by HTS I can't achieve. What counts as meaningful? No, no… that just won't do.

Why "can't" you achieve?
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by HTS I don't want and/or can't have any of those things. How be happy?

The secret to life is to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.

The art of living is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging on the other. It consists in being sensitive to each moment, in regarding it as utterly new and unique, in having the mind open and wholly receptive.

We are living in a culture entirely hypnotized by the illusion of time, in which the so-called present moment is felt as nothing but an infintesimal hairline between an all-powerfully causative past and an absorbingly important future. We have no present. Our consciousness is almost completely preoccupied with memory and expectation. We do not realize that there never was, is, nor will be any other experience than present experience. We are therefore out of touch with reality. We confuse the world as talked about, described, and measured with the world which actually is. We are sick with a fascination for the useful tools of names and numbers, of symbols, signs, conceptions and ideas.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Why "can't" you achieve?

Too stupid... too scared... too socially handicapped... too poor.. too nervous to try...
Jump to Top