User Controls

12 step programs, anyone try them

Dissociator African Astronaut
    I've had sort of a hatred against 12 step programs like AA for years because of my dad mentioning how much it helped him, well hes drinking again, like I told him a few years ago that one day he would crash from the beuraucratic bullshit that is AA Their whole philosophy as you know is, if you do drugs, youre an addict. I've sat through countless AA and NA meetings in rehab, and its just preachy bullshit. I I am almost certain that the heroin addicts and alcoholics that came into the rehab place to talk with us were court-appointed and didn't believe in the system anyway. I've also been to an NA meeting back in august 2014, they say not to come if youre high which is also a flawed logic, theyre worried if someone is visibly and obviously high its triggering or some shit. Well I was on a 5 day propylhexedrine and phenibut bender but I kept my cool listened and even said hi on Rochambeau and I'm an addict. Went to another meeting and got the basic text, read it, tried to understand the logic but couldnt. Although I found the stories in there of people talking about their addictions kind of interesting and maybe I got a sliver of inspiration from it So any of you guys been to a meeting/tried or had success with a 12 step program?
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ^not exactly "twelve step" but I did 62 weeks of anger mgmt, I'm sure it helped a lil bit in that I try to watch myself since I never want to go through that bull shit again.
    the 12 steps are bullsh*t
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    ^not exactly "twelve step" but I did 62 weeks of anger mgmt, I'm sure it helped a lil bit in that I try to watch myself since I never want to go through that bull shit again.

Did Bill Krozby have to smack a ho?
    Did Bill Krozby have to smack a ho?

No choke a ho, two December's in a row
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    No i just quit fentanyl cold turkey because i'm not a little bitch.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I go to meetings to swipe the donation bag. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I go to meetings to swipe the donation bag. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I'm telling
    If I was to go I'd go for the free finger food and bitches

funny side note, I lost my virginity when I was 16 re-inacting the rape scene from this movie / book, ent up having the girls mom come home, had to hide the knife, then went to a newly built house and had the realtor walkin in on us, then had to finish out in the woods. It was fucked up but I made it, I felt so strange and have never been the same since.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    If I've always wanted to pick someone up at the finger foods. FINGER FOODS. What's y'alls favorite finger foods ya hear me? I like chips and dip, cauliflower and ranch, or perhaps some red pistachios if available. My ideal finger foods encounter would involve me pouring the rest of the salsa on my plate as a nice gal was clearly reaching for it. She'd glare at me and we'd grab hands and go out back by the dumpster to POUND.
    MR.HAI Yung Blood
    A realistic prospect mQ
    If I've always wanted to pick someone up at the finger foods. FINGER FOODS. What's y'alls favorite finger foods ya hear me? I like chips and dip, cauliflower and ranch, or perhaps some red pistachios if available. My ideal finger foods encounter would involve me pouring the rest of the salsa on my plate as a nice gal was clearly reaching for it. She'd glare at me and we'd grab hands and go out back by the dumpster to POUND.

thats really smexy mq, for such a "grinch" looking man you're quite the hopeless romantic. =)
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Indeed. I keep disposable candles on hand always, as well. Never know when or where you suddenly just want to light one up and get ROMANTIC AS HECK.
    I so wish you lived closer to me, I'd LOVE to go to yankee candle with you sometime.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I so wish you lived closer to me, I'd LOVE to go to yankee candle with you sometime.

Didn't watch the video.

Is Yankee Candle some gay cowboy thing like brokeback mountain?
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    No, it looks like a store that specializes in (scented) candles.

So, yes.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    I've never done 12 steps but I'll be finishing drug court next week. 9 months of constant drug testing, AA meetings, court appearances, PO meetings, MRT counselor, MRT group, HRS counselor, and Wing Haven counselor. Basically you're doing something every fucking day for a half year or so, sometimes 3-5 things it literally turned into a 20+ hour a week job pretty fast. I suppose I was an alcoholic in a sense that I met most of the criteria for one but I managed to quit cold turkey..Oh yeah I had a alcohol monitor on my leg for 90 days as well that needed to be physically checked by my PO 3 times a week. Anyways I never had a drug addiction and just IMO alcohol and "drugs" aren't even in the same reality. You're not smoking crack or mainlining heroin so I guess the 12 steps could help but I don't know I never did that I have enough crap going on.

The best thing for you to do IMO would to set an epic goal and cut off anything that doesn't correlate to that(drugs, watching TV etc) it really has to be important though otherwise you'll just be sober and day dreaming which is just as bad as being fubar 24/7.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I've never been to an AA or NA meeting and as far as I know I've never even met anyone who has. I did know one guy when I worked in IT, scraggly ass old dude but he was the handy type. A certain intelligence even if he wasn't, uhh, intellectual? Anyway I always suspected him of being an ex junkie many years out of NA, he just had the vibe/look and was fairly religious to boot.

Anyway, I think it might be a generational thing. I don't think many people under a certain age are into 12 step type things, but then maybe it's just a product of you needing to be an addict for whatever number of years before it's appealing. In any case I guess they're fairly effective at treatment but I still think they're pretty stupid. On a fundamental level they abdicate responsibility of their actions. It's understandable, maybe even necessary, but I still find it reprehensible. I can't help but think a world with a few more addicts and a few less people who deny their responsibility for their actions wouldn't be as bad as AA zombies make it out to be.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    An exact number of steps is just culty. The repetitive nature of step programs is as scary as religious extremism; its not inherently wrong, but produces an outcome that is reliant upon strict adherence to all of the principles and defined guidelines. From experience, sobering up generally does need a consistent new environment much like an AA meeting does offer, but that's literally the sole factor above all else. You don't need to adopt a new set of values and beliefs. I don't know why there aren't recovery meetings of just people talking shit and making friends without the rules. Hell I was sober for quite some time on zoklet and the user base acted as my 'change' in environment. The transition is what's scary. Get through the scary phase and things start naturally changing.
    No i just quit fentanyl cold turkey because i'm not a little bitch.

If you have to "quit" anything you are already a bitch and a half. I abuse opiates all the time and overall it has made me a more wise and enlightened person. I also learned how to use needles and what the different gauges and what not are for.
Jump to Top