User Controls

Attention seeking

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    So earlier on faycbayk shamby posted something inquiring others opinions and he said 'Not seeking attention, just want opinions.'

I thought to myself, 'I get what you mean, but really, wanting opinions would be exactly the same thing as seeking attention.'

Then I forgot about all about it and probably went to take a dumpling, but just remembered and so I am wondering YOUR opinions.

Certainly we can discern the difference in the type of attention seeking between a selfie queen that posts 10 pics a day and adores the likes and comments reaffirming her attractiveness vs shambro making a post once in a blue moon that requests others to take notice and give feedback.

The questions that arise for me are:

Is there any form of communication, between at least 2 or more people, that doesn't inherently seek the attention of at least one other person?

Is attention seeking a loosely defined term that can apply to anything where someone has the potential for outside response or viewership or whatever, or should it be more strictly defined as a mental craving that is beyond the scope of what could be considered basic communication and implied normal, expected levels of interaction?

Clearly there are different levels of the sought after attention like making a phone call to your mum is seeking her attention, trying to make a band or become an artist to gain the attention of anyone who might appreciate you, to EdgeLording it up constantly and making sure that as many people as possible see what you're doing.

Yeah, anyway, just curious, not seeking attention or anything.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    attentions solicited,

attentions given.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    attention seeking missile
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Oh dang I missed a better title opportunity.

ATTN: SEEKING

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I would think that if you possess the self-reflection necessary to figure out whether or not you're seeking attention, you're probably capable of regulating your behavior in the short term and finding more constructive ways to satisfy your need-for-attention in the long term.
    Attention: seeking
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    *preparing speeches about attention industrial complex*
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Zanick I would think that if you possess the self-reflection necessary to figure out whether or not you're seeking attention, you're probably capable of regulating your behavior in the short term and finding more constructive ways to satisfy your need-for-attention in the long term.

I am lead to believe that we are all attention seeking when we utilize any means of potential communication. That is why I'm asking if there are any that a person might use but genuinely don't want any attention.
    what a retarded thread

yeah you need someone's attention for them to hear what you're saying or else they wont hear it
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Thanks that's definitely answers the entirety of my op.
    it kinda does though
    HTS highlight reel
    I sent someone a pciture of myself earlier and I feel like suuuch an attention whore.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Plonko! it kinda does though

No it kinda doesn't though. It's about discerning the types of attn seeking and if some are objectively worse than other why is that. I like to think that maybe for example a kid who goes out of his way to post an attempted dead dad insult on a thread of mine is perhaps no better or worse than the elderly lady that plays a few songs on a public access piano in a mall or restaurant. They both want some attention so who am I to say one is any more or less wrong than the other in their approach
    your first self-elimination was saying >objectively worst

then you go dead dad kill no better maybe than elderly aromatherapist

that's "is the there whyte or wong" class ECFl:#3billiondoodlesacks my noodle bahs ^^667869 "questions with no answers?" -MMqouul tier levels basic philosophy illusions

omg maybe morality it's real, maybe it's not. I listening to these words 24.7 into sleep deprivioli once. google "ethics" and maybe you'll find something less shallow shadow than on theseos OYM-grade intelecto that you "existential" thots support for thoth of blackspace NIspace
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by mmQ Is there any form of communication, between at least 2 or more people, that doesn't inherently seek the attention of at least one other person?

Yes, posting here is a great example because you never get anyone's attention. In fact in your years of posting here no one has noticed you exist at all. It may seem like I'm responding to you now but actually I've just typed some random content that happens to align with what you wrote in your post (not that I would know as I haven't read your post) and am responding to my spontaneously generated content. In fact you don't exist anywhere in the causal explanation of this post and it would have happened if you had posted or not.

I call this theory "Preordained Shitposting". I also invented calculus before it was cool.
    Originally posted by Lanny Yes, posting here is a great example because you never get anyone's attention. In fact in your years of posting here no one has noticed you exist at all. It may seem like I'm responding to you now but actually I've just typed some random content that happens to align with what you wrote in your post (not that I would know as I haven't read your post) and am responding to my spontaneously generated content. In fact you don't exist anywhere in the causal explanation of this post and it would have happened if you had posted or not.

I call this theory "Preordained Shitposting". I also invented calculus before it was cool.

Shitposting about shitposting. We shall call it...

...metashitposting!

Tis a new high for this community! Nay, a new high for the world!
Jump to Top