User Controls

Soylent, and other meal replacement solutions

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    For a couple weeks I've been consuming 90% of my calories in the form of blended which consist mostly of hemp protein, almond milk and blueberries. I add to this powdered greens, creatine, maca powder, turmeric, MCT oil and a few other miscellaneous dietary necessities. When I have a sweet tooth, I eat some golden figs, but that's about it for solids. I've lost about ten pounds and I feel great!
    SpectraL- Houston [stanchly box my garamycin]
    Don't forget the whey.
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    So you lost 10lbs, but what are your long term goals? Are you going to keep drinking 90% of your calories forever
    Originally posted by SpectraL- Don't forget the whey.

I have no need for whey, given that hemp serves my purposes more than adequately.

Originally posted by Daily So you lost 10lbs, but what are your long term goals? Are you going to keep drinking 90% of your calories forever

I'd like to lose more weight because I gained quite a bit as a result of poor diet and medication changes. I'm not used to being this unfit, and I'd like to put on a little bit of lean muscle in the meantime. I don't intend to keep doing this after January, but I will probably borrow some of the more calorically efficient ingredients from my smoothies and incorporate them into my diet.
    Update: I was feeling fatigued just minutes ago, so I consumed a serving of brown rice flour and MCT oil, stirred into a glass of pea milk. I assume this will reinvigorate me, but I will return to document my findings in the event that it does not.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Daily Are you going to keep drinking 90% of your calories forever

why not? it's less volume and it's less stressful on your digestive system - considering it's a relatively new concept I don't think any sort of long term study's been done, but it makes sense that it could help you live longer
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Ensure alone is supposed to sustain the average human for 3.5 years. Not sure how that translates to real life though. I've done it maybe for 5-7 days.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Soylent Green is good.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Why would they ever title their supplement soylent. For God's sake everyone knowe soylent green is people
    Originally posted by DocFoster Why would they ever title their supplement soylent. For God's sake everyone knowe soylent green is people

Nine posts.
    It took nine posts for this to come up. What a shame.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by DocFoster Why would they ever title their supplement soylent. For God's sake everyone knowe soylent green is people

who cares as long as its kosher and halal.
    HTS highlight reel

Because everyone knows soylent isn't people, but that association gives your brand recognition. And let's be honest, this is being marketed to hipsters who know the reference and probably haven't even seen the movie.

The association is harmless/beneficial within the demographic they're trying to reach.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Originally posted by HTS Because everyone knows soylent isn't people, but that association gives your brand recognition. And let's be honest, this is being marketed to hipsters who know the reference and probably haven't even seen the movie.

The association is harmless/beneficial within the demographic they're trying to reach.

You're probably right. Still a tasteless (or tasty if you're a cannibal) association
    I've found that I can use pea protein and roughly 1/2 the hemp protein I was using before to cut costs considerably while still getting all the necessary amino acids.
    What about the other end? It doesn't sound like you're getting a lot of fiber.

Any gasiness either?
    Originally posted by Issue313 What about the other end? It doesn't sound like you're getting a lot of fiber.

Any gasiness either?

Hemp has plenty of fiber, but I also supplement with psyllium husk. I eat figs whenever I have a sweet tooth, so no problems there. My digestive health seems to be optimal.
    Originally posted by Zanick Hemp has plenty of fiber, but I also supplement with psyllium husk. No problems there.

So when do you eat food again?
    Originally posted by 哈哈你看不懂中文 So when do you eat food again?

I eat figs daily, too, and I'll have a couple normal meals during weekends. I'm not missing solid foods that much, though.
    Originally posted by Zanick I eat figs daily, too, and I'll have a couple normal meals during weekends. I'm not missing solid foods that much, though.

How often do you feel fatigued because of this diet? It doesn't seem healthy to me at first glance. Is it healthy?
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    Originally posted by Zanick I eat figs daily, too

All these figs but I'm still figuring things out
Jump to Top