User Controls

How healthy are you? How can you be healthier?

Just curious to see how healthy the members of this community are.

I'm at a healthy weight. Good muscles on me. I worked out for about a year but then stopped because of school and work. Just felt mentally and physically exhausted by the end of it. Started eating pretty poorly but I'm still good as far as calories go. I take a vitamin every day to make up for what I don't eat.

I get drunk maybe two or three times a month. I don't smoke although I've had like, five cigarettes in the last month, with the only cigarette before that being well over a year away.

I think I could probably stand to shed 5lbs or so by cutting out some of the sugar and saturated fats in my diet. Working out again would also be nice but I need to get a non-physical job first.

People are going to shit on this thread, but being healthy improves your quality of life and that's something you should always strive for.
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    As healthy as I can be. I've got a bit of muscle on me and a big frame, I do the best I can but it's not really ideal having a FFMI above a certain level.
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    What is FFMI?
    I'm a fatass at the moment, but I watched "Earthlings" two weeks ago and now I'm a vegetarian

We're also having a weight loss challenge at work so we'll see how that goes

I'm currently at least 260 (that's as high as my scale goes) and my target is 180
    Also OP, don't worry about your thread getting shit on, my above post will take the heat
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 I'm a fatass at the moment, but I watched "Earthlings" two weeks ago and now I'm a vegetarian

We're also having a weight loss challenge at work so we'll see how that goes

I'm currently at least 260 (that's as high as my scale goes) and my target is 180

How tall are you? I'm 6'1 and have been trying to pack more onto my frame. Just hit 180 (up from 160).
    RestStop Space Nigga
    I'm the type of nigga to be shardin' hard for a month straight while ingesting nothing but 100% clean foods then eating nothing but junk food while sober. It's a vicious cycle(well, not really).
    Originally posted by D4NG0 How tall are you? I'm 6'1 and have been trying to pack more onto my frame. Just hit 180 (up from 160).

6 feet even
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Hoo. You do have a way to go. Good luck!

Serious question: does being fat making maneuvering your motorcycle more difficult?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by D4NG0 Hoo. You do have a way to go. Good luck!

Serious question: does being fat making maneuvering your motorcycle more difficult?

I think so, but I'm not really sure

I've never ridden a motorcycle without being fat
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Oh. Well hopefully you'll be able to compare soon. (n_n")
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    theres no such thing as healthy living unless your living in central borneo, wearing loin clothes and hunting sus barbatuses with blowpipes.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Within "normal" BMI for my height, all of my organ function tests all score within the "normal" range as of 9/2017. I don't smoke. I don't use drugs. I drink on the weekend primarily (heavily) and occasionally through the week (like a glass of wine with dinner).

My diet includes no sodas, no cakes or cookies, no refined sugars at all. I eat lean meats with multiple sides of vegetables. When I do eat bread, it's 100% whole wheat or whole grain. Breakfast is usually Greek yogurt, some sort of fruit, and black coffee. Lunch is low-sodium chicken noodle soup usually, and dinner varies, but I find creative ways to make some good tasting shit that isn't a death plate.

I don't get enough exercise as I know I should, and the weekend binge drinking isn't good, although I do my best to counter it with milk thistle, yellow dock, dandelion root extract and lots of water, but I otherwise live a pretty generally healthy lifestyle.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace … Lunch is low-sodium chicken noodle soup

how do you know that its really low sodium ???

there could be lots of other non chloride sodium compound hidden in there you kno ???
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by benny vader how do you know that its really low sodium ???

there could be lots of other non chloride sodium compound hidden in there you kno ???

I suppose you're right. How do we know anything we consume is ACTUALLY what it is. What if chicken we buy at the supermarket isn't chicken at all, but rather the remains of human beings????

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace I suppose you're right. How do we know anything we consume is ACTUALLY what it is. What if chicken we buy at the supermarket isn't chicken at all, but rather the remains of human beings????

its actually reconstituted chickens made from chicken and non-chicken materials.

thats why Kentucky Fried Chickens changes their names from that to KFC, becos they no longer sells fried chickens ... just substrates made from reconstituted chickens and what not.
    Exactly. So what about canned green beans. What if, they're "green bean substrates" blended with "some" green bean???

Whoa...
    Kolokol, are you seriously vegetarian now? I've been wanting to eat less meat lately. Like, a lot less. Eating lots of meat, even lean meats, has been linked to heart disease and I've already got heart problems.

Problem is, there's no real good substitute. I would like to like tofu, but the Chinese like tofu and they always deep fry the hell out of it to make it taste good. So i dont know how viable tofu is as a replacement. Every meatless variant of meat dishes I've tried are completely devoid of soul. I think maybe i should stop trying to substitute and start replacing, but that's way more effort than I've been willing to give.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace Exactly. So what about canned green beans. What if, they're "green bean substrates" blended with "some" green bean???

Whoa…

pay close attention to the allergen labels, you might see something like ''packed/processed in a facility that also processes/packs peanuts, crustaceans, etc etc''.

do you know why ??? yes, becos if you take it to the labs and have the green beans analyzed, you might discover that they contained more than just green beans.

MORE !!!!!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by 哈哈你看不懂中文 So i dont know how viable tofu is as a replacement. Every meatless variant of meat dishes I've tried are completely devoid of soul. I think maybe i should stop trying to substitute and start replacing, but that's way more effort than I've been willing to give.

just buy some and cook it at home. just throw them into boiling water and wait, its as easy as that.
Jump to Top