User Controls

Intel fucks the world, again, surprising no one

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Spectre & Meltdown

lol
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I view Intel's business practices in the last ~5 years as the lead-in to the 21st century dust bowl. One day every intel CPU is just going to vaporize in a cloud of malevolent looking green smoke and techies are going to have to pack their computers into cramped Teslas and head out to try and find work in Oklahoma.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Also we're going to have some downtime at 4PM eastern so the host can patch this.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    What happened anyway? I don't keep up with tech news
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Two processor level exploits have been disclosed. Meltdown allows user processes to read kernel memory, leaking info like cryptographic secrets and passwords stored there. Spectre exploits a family of processor level optimizations to execute code that shouldn't be allowed to execute, the major ramification of which is that processes using that attack can read private memory of other processes, again, leaking crypto and passwords or whatever else is in memory.

Spectre is particularly insidious since it leverages hardware level behavior it can't really be patched.

User was banned for saying the taboo phrase "sword"!
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    ^ Lol.
    This is why I told everyone I knew not tro buy a quad core but look who listened lol
    Eval/Apply Recursed
    Man, reading the paper and Spectre really bad. This shit is going to be getting fuzzed and exploited for years to come. There's even a PoC on a JS vector to spectre attacks.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Malice ^ Lol.

The banned word, sword, was in the word, password. lol

Another one of his banned words is, umbrella, if you can get him to type it.
    Umbrella
    Eval/Apply Recursed
    Oh, another delicious little tidbit. Intel's CEO dumped his shares in the company a few weeks ago, the vulnerability was disclosed to intel in june of last year.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail for insider trading. Then he can learn about what "reusable socket" really means, something his company seems wholly ignorant of.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    "Researchers warn that Spectre is likely to haunt consumers for years."
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Holla at an AMD nigga'.
    SpectraL- Houston [stanchly box my garamycin]
    You act like it's rocket science. All one has to do is scan for ports open to the Internet, find out what services are using the ones that are, then use 0-day exploits to compromise them. It ain't hard. You don't need any "mapping" shit
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SpectraL- You act like it's rocket science. All one has to do is scan for ports open to the Internet, find out what services are using the ones that are, then use 0-day exploits to compromise them. It ain't hard. You don't need any "mapping" shit

Fake SpectraL- is even more computer illiterate than the real one.
    Eval/Apply Recursed
    Originally posted by SpectraL- You act like it's rocket science. All one has to do is scan for ports open to the Internet, find out what services are using the ones that are, then use 0-day exploits to compromise them. It ain't hard. You don't need any "mapping" shit

heh, ok, that's a bit funny. Still probably gonna ban you tho
    Eval/Apply Recursed
    Originally posted by Sophie Fake SpectraL- is even more computer illiterate than the real one.

I assumed it was intentional parody

Perfect SpectraL parody
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Sophie Fake SpectraL- is even more computer illiterate than the real one.

I'm pretty sure that's an actual speckle post.
    SpectraL- Houston [stanchly box my garamycin]
    You kids don't scare me!. I am NOT fearful and this is my protest against a unjust user title
Jump to Top