User Controls

I can't tell if I'm funny or not, ACTUALLY

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I think I am, especially when I'm drinking, but that's not uncommon.

I mean like it's not weird for a professional comedian to admit they're funny. Obviously I'm not one, but sometimes I get on a roll.

But this is very dependant on shit. Like in tinychat when I have a live venue, so to speak, or my audience, so to speak, is people that I like and they like me, it easier, and I find them and me laughing a lot more.

Or if drinking is involved of course, it's clearly easy for anyone to think they're funny, or seem funnier, etc.

And ona forum platform you have much more time to think of replies, think of threads, as compared to a 'live comedy' so to speak.

It's all very quaint. I mean, I know I'm not boring. And I probably try to hard, but whatever. I just want to be a funny guy. That's kind of what I've always wanted since I was a little kid. I like having fun. I like joking. I'm not the strict serious fuck or the person that focuses on intellectualism, thouhh I appreciate that too.

This community has always had a good combo of both, despite the running retardation joke of us all. There's a good mix of it all.

So tell me, am I FUNNY, or not. Do you think if I applied myself to it and gained the confidence to do it could I be a stand-up comedian?

I would NEED booze to do it at this point, but I like to think if I could regain my natural confidence I could maybe do it. Maybe not though?

I will regret this thread when I reread it later I bet, even though I'm barely buzzed. I swear to god I don't understand myself.

:)
    A wise man once told me you can't learn funny, and you can't learn another kind of funny. You've just got to be yourself, and anyone worthwhile will either find it funny or not care.

That wise man was you.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Lol.

Did I actually say that to you?

I USED TO be so much better. Jesus Christ my life is in my turmoil. I actually CRIED talking to a pyschologist this morning, though it was about my family and nothing to do with funniness.

It's so obvious to me though that I seek acceptance even though at the same I don't want to all. It's weird.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I think most people would are funny maybe feel the same way? I mean when you try to be, or think you're funny, you generally want/need an audience to feel the same way. That does make sense.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Sigh. I'm going to torvalds so hard tomorrow.
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    You're great mmQ. I miss your stories tho.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by D4NG0 You're great mmQ. I miss your stories tho.

Thanks. I miss having the mental ambition to write them.
    yea most of the time. sometimes i don't know what you're talking about though.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by greenplastic yea most of the time. sometimes i don't know what you're talking about though.

Like can you give me a specific example of not knowing what I'm talking about?

And thanks though.
    Originally posted by mmQ Lol.

Did I actually say that to you?

I USED TO be so much better. Jesus Christ my life is in my turmoil. I actually CRIED talking to a pyschologist this morning, though it was about my family and nothing to do with funniness.

It's so obvious to me though that I seek acceptance even though at the same I don't want to all. It's weird.

Chill the fudge out, fam. You are fine. Save up some money instead of drinking it away, ask your boss for a sabbatical and go on a vacation to Colorado or Florida or some shit, have a good ol' time.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Chill the fudge out, fam. You are fine. Save up some money instead of drinking it away, ask your boss for a sabbatical and go on a vacation to Colorado or Florida or some shit, have a good ol' time.

Would you let me stay with you if I came down to FL? I used to live in Tampa you know. Whatever the cuxm that means.
    Originally posted by mmQ Would you let me stay with you if I came down to FL? I used to live in Tampa you know. Whatever the cuxm that means.

Straight up, G-money.
Jump to Top