User Controls

Is there any way to buy bitcoin without getting screwed?

Madman African Astronaut
    You get fucked on coinbase with fees, and just fuck coinbase, and you get fucked on local bitcoin because they value the bitcoin way higher than it is actually at. I don't live anywhere close to an atm and I just want to buy some fucking bitcoin. I made some money off of it but the prices are so shitty that they make actually using bitcoin such a fucking bitch.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    are those btc atm's worth using? i'm pretty sure there are a few in my city.

i wanna know what this btc cash thing is all about and whether its better value than btc. dream has implemented btc cash now so might be worth using if it is. i noticed one seller on there is taking bch only now.

Originally posted by NARCassist are those btc atm's worth using? i'm pretty sure there are a few in my city.

i wanna know what this btc cash thing is all about and whether its better value than btc. dream has implemented btc cash now so might be worth using if it is. i noticed one seller on there is taking bch only now.

Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is way better than bitcoin as it has lower transfer fees and shorter transaction times. You should definitely prefer it over Bitcoin. Monero is probably even better as it has some anonymity built in.

When I buy Bitcoin I do so using Eircoin, which is a SEPA (European Bank Transfer) exchange. They charge about 5%, but the Bitcoin price is fair.

I don't like Coinbase, but I did use it to buy some bitcoin over Christmas with a Debit Card as Eircoin were closed. I started with €200, by the time I had moved the money into the cryptocurrency I wanted (ADA/Cardano) I had €150. I have gotten above the €200 mark since, but still. Also apparently they're jedi and report everything to the IRS.
Jump to Top