User Controls

Tell me what you know about nootropics

Madman African Astronaut
    I've wanted to try them for a long time but I'm just doubtful that they will have any noticeable effects. I would really like something that would give me a little energy or make me more focused. I'm thinking about trying noopept but I would like here what other peoples experience with them are. Can you actually tell a difference when you take them and which ones are the best?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Not an expensive hobby but it seems like somewhere between most and literally all of it is snake oil. Typically relevant research is in treatment for pathologies. E.g. noopept has seen clinical success in patients with brain damage but in augmenting cognitive performance of healthy individuals it's all anecdotes, unrigorous experimentation, and hearsay. And I mean that's the good case, you see a lot of shit peddled as doing X because someone's granny who was one 128th Cherokee said it was good for that one time possibly and now it's being sold as an ancient miracle cure for X that the medical profession is trying to suppress or something (doctors hate him!).

The possible exception is *afinils which are pretty obviously not placebos and have a history of use in healthy adults. Apparently researched as a stimulant replacement for pilots during long missions, they're good productivity drugs (probably not as good as stimulants but people will argue that and there's lower abuse/addiction potential). I would be cautious of long term use, probably not going to kill you but sleep deprivation will and I don't think anyone was expecting them to be used like a daily dietary supplement during design and testing.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Madman I've wanted to try them for a long time but I'm just doubtful that they will have any noticeable effects. I would really like something that would give me a little energy or make me more focused. I'm thinking about trying noopept but I would like here what other peoples experience with them are. Can you actually tell a difference when you take them and which ones are the best?

rhino horn powder can make you smarter.
    Madman African Astronaut
    I'm already way too smart and it makes people jealous of me, if I suck rhino dick will it make me dumber?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Madman I'm already way too smart and it makes people jealous of me, if I suck rhino dick will it make me dumber?

no, only mine can give you that.

here

*unpants*
    I don't think nootropics improve focus, they just improve overall cognitive function.

I tried a piracetam and hydergine stack once but didn't notice any effect.
    Noo.
    More drugs? Wow I'm surprised (not)
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel More drugs? Wow I'm surprised (not)

What the fuck forum did you think you signed up for?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top