User Controls

Space-Time

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    What is space-time? What is it made of? How and why does gravity affect it? Where does space-time come from? Where does gravity come from?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Such is life.
    lol
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    The kid in my avatar is thinking those very questions. They're tough ones. Its just so fun to wonder!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    They are dimensions consisting of arrangements of atomic elements in quantum form, matter, EM wave energies and subatomic particles.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel They are dimensions consisting of arrangements of atomic elements in quantum form, matter, EM wave energies and subatomic particles.

There were 5 questions.
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel They are dimensions consisting of arrangements of atomic elements in quantum form, matter, EM wave energies and subatomic particles.

What does that mean?
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind What does that mean?

That's just how I see it all, A complex framework of physics.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    life is a dimension
    bling bling Dark Matter
    prase be budda
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind What is space-time? What is it made of? How and why does gravity affect it? Where does space-time come from? Where does gravity come from?

movement.

if there arent any movement in the universe then space doesnt exist.

if there arent movement then time can not exist.

if there arent movement then gravities cant possibly exist.

the entire universe came into existence becos something that shouldnt and were not supposed to move moved.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Eat some of these guys.
    yea yea trippy third eye chakraz n shit UNIVERSAAAALLLLLL

we are all one. quantum mechanics + soul + physics = ETERNAL LOVE everybody is god nobody exists everyone is a lotus blossom
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    And like we can talk about it.
    Space-time is a mathematical model used in the explanation of a relativistic universe. I don’t think it’s “made of” anything. It’s more like a system of rules/properties that everything of substance exists within the framework of. Think of space-time as a four-dimensional plane or graph, and matter as data points on that plane.

I think
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind What is space-time? What is it made of? How and why does gravity affect it? Where does space-time come from? Where does gravity come from?

It comes from God you faggot
    HTS highlight reel
    What doth life?
    Fox Paws is pretty close. I guess technically everything is some kind of abstraction of some rules that are used to explain the behaviour of certain phenomena in the universe. We use the term "space-time" in the same sense. It's no less a thing than any other material or substance, in that sense. It's just a different level of abstraction.

More to the point, we don't really have a good explanation for space-time i.e. on a quantum level, we haven't discovered a reason for why things act the way they do on the classical scale that would explain relativistic effects or gravity. It's possible our basic metriculation of physics is fundamentally flawed.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Fox Paws is pretty close.

In what way was my statement not 100% correct, based on current knowledge of space-time.

No being glib, if you have more to add I’d like to hear it. I’m not really an expert on this subject but I have done some reading on it
    Originally posted by Fox Paws In what way was my statement not 100% correct, based on current knowledge of space-time.

No being glib, if you have more to add I’d like to hear it. I’m not really an expert on this subject but I have done some reading on it

I already addressed this. Shitscene is a midweek just add much any "substance" or "medium" is.
Jump to Top