User Controls

I denied God today.

People use God and religion as a way to calm themselves over their fear of death. They use it as an explanation for why they're here.

But today I realized something: atheism and nihilism gives me that effect instead.

I was having a panic attack, questioning what type of god would do this to us, why we're here, what we are, etc... when suddenly the concept of atheism calmed me down. After this, I'm dead. That's the end. There will be nothing more to worry about when this fucking horrific existence is over.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've been reflecting on this past year, and "resolutions" for the next. I know it's cliche, but I've decided to be grateful for what I actually have. Instead of whining about not having money, not having girls like me, etc etc... acknowledge that I DO have a lot of goods things in my life that others don't. Learned that lesson from American Dad.

*Actor smiles in the crowd, and I gently nod with a returned smile*.

Also going to try to appreciate each day more, instead of waking up at twelve and just trolling reddit all day.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    God gave you the gift of life. You would not even exist to think if it wasnt for that gift.
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel God gave you the gift of life. You would not even exist to think if it wasnt for that gift.

No need for hostilities, it's his God-given right to be an atheist.
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 No need for hostilities, it's his God-given right to be an atheist.

Exactly, God gives you life, free will and consciousness.

I think that's plenty of reason to never worry, if God loves you enough to create you in his image then you should trust his plan for your life as well.

God isn't responsible for suffering, we are.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Atheism is extremism. I doubt you're actually an atheist. Being sure there isn't a god is just as absurd as being sure there is one.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel Exactly, God gives you life, free will and consciousness.

I think that's plenty of reason to never worry, if God loves you enough to create you in his image then you should trust his plan for your life as well.

God isn't responsible for suffering, we are.

Specifically Christians, making everyone suffer though their soapbox preaching.
    Originally posted by mmQ Atheism is extremism. I doubt you're actually an atheist. Being sure there isn't a god is just as absurd as being sure there is one.

What would you mean by god anyway? Could something like the Tao be considered to be God?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind What would you mean by god anyway? Could something like the Tao be considered to be God?

Yeah. I mean, anything can be a personal god of course. I'm clearly referring to a divine being.
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Specifically Christians, making everyone suffer though their soapbox preaching.

Every religon preaches, I don't see how you can blame one group for doing what almost all people do.
    Originally posted by mmQ Yeah. I mean, anything can be a personal god of course. I'm clearly referring to a divine being.

Whats the difference?
    Originally posted by mmQ Being sure there isn't a god is just as absurd as being sure there is one.

This is just what people who want there to be a god tell themselves due to their fear of death.
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel Every religon preaches, I don't see how you can blame one group for doing what almost all people do.

So it goes.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Whats the difference?

None if you believe weed or the Tao or Kim Kardashian created everything.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Enter This is just what people who want there to be a god tell themselves due to their fear of death.

That literally makes no sense in relation to what I said.
    Originally posted by mmQ That literally makes no sense in relation to what I said.

It does, you're just so far in denial.
    Originally posted by mmQ None if you believe weed or the Tao or Kim Kardashian created everything.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

I agree. Only manipulated.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Enter It does, you're just so far in denial.

I'm not denying anything other than an absolute belief that there is or isn't a god. It's definitely the most rational position. You believe the same thing as me, you just don't seem know it for whatever reason.

KITCHEN
    Originally posted by mmQ I agree.

what the fuck am i reading

obbe: water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen
    mmQ: i agree
    Originally posted by mmQ I'm not denying anything other than an absolute belief that there is or isn't a god. It's definitely the most rational position. You believe the same thing as me, you just don't seem know it for whatever reason.

KITCHEN

you say that, but only because deep down you know that leaves room for there to be a god. you WANT that to be the answer. you're too afraid to dig even further and realize that there is no god. I KNOW IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE FOR YOU, BUT IT'S TRUE.
Jump to Top