User Controls

are honda civics actually even a good car?

I have one now and have owned a couple other used ones in the past. I've never been too interested in cars and have always just kind of gone with what I thought was common wisdom, as I hear from my dad and other people that Hondas will run forever and they're so good etc etc. Back like 5 years ago I had fucked a couple of them up but I always figured it was just because I would drive around fucked up and very impatiently, but now I have another one and my driving is much more relaxed but it still has fucking problems.

I'm starting to think that the common wisdom of Hondas running forever is just some bullshit older people say. Maybe it was true in their generation but not anymore, and they just refuse to give up that belief, like so many others. Anyways when the car I have now breaks down again I'm just going to throw it the fuck away. Fuck driving, I'll ride around on my bike. It's literally better in every single way except for the fact that society tries to instill this fear in you that if you don't have a car girls won't want to fuck you. And people eat that shit up and will break up with you simply for not having a car. But I'm not trying to fuck any loose ass thots anyways, I could give a damn. Fuck driving and fuck people who think not driving makes you a loser. I'm giving it up and if people want to tell me I'm a loser for it then so be it, I'll still go to college and not take a job with a high paying company even though I could just to spite everybody.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    You still have to change the oil for it to work.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    What type of problems are you having??
    Honda's are good cars if they are properly maintained.
    I've been the auto repair biz for 34 years ask me anything.
    Originally posted by greenplastic I have one now and have owned a couple other used ones in the past. I've never been too interested in cars and have always just kind of gone with what I thought was common wisdom, as I hear from my dad and other people that Hondas will run forever and they're so good etc etc. Back like 5 years ago I had fucked a couple of them up but I always figured it was just because I would drive around fucked up and very impatiently, but now I have another one and my driving is much more relaxed but it still has fucking problems.

I'm starting to think that the common wisdom of Hondas running forever is just some bullshit older people say. Maybe it was true in their generation but not anymore, and they just refuse to give up that belief, like so many others. Anyways when the car I have now breaks down again I'm just going to throw it the fuck away. Fuck driving, I'll ride around on my bike. It's literally better in every single way except for the fact that society tries to instill this fear in you that if you don't have a car girls won't want to fuck you. And people eat that shit up and will break up with you simply for not having a car. But I'm not trying to fuck any loose ass thots anyways, I could give a damn. Fuck driving and fuck people who think not driving makes you a loser. I'm giving it up and if people want to tell me I'm a loser for it then so be it, I'll still go to college and not take a job with a high paying company even though I could just to spite everybody.

Just get a motorcycle
    Best in their class of small sedans for the price.

they average 250-300k without a major overhaul. and many can run up to a million miles before bottoming out.

the down side is in the past they were the number one car stolen for parts.

the upside is it's dropped to like third place for stolen cars. Accords I believe get stolen more than Civics though

Originally posted by greenplastic I have one now and have owned a couple other used ones in the past. I've never been too interested in cars and have always just kind of gone with what I thought was common wisdom, as I hear from my dad and other people that Hondas will run forever and they're so good etc etc. Back like 5 years ago I had fucked a couple of them up but I always figured it was just because I would drive around fucked up and very impatiently, but now I have another one and my driving is much more relaxed but it still has fucking problems.

Post last edited by Totse 2001 at 2017-12-28T01:20:09.271957+00:00
    Yeah Civics are still great cars. But like any car, you have to take care of them. With Civics, the only real maintenance you have to do is oil changes. And those are nothing. Learn to do them yourself, it costs nothing. Even changing your oil enhancement is easy. If you change the oil frequently and tend to other issues as needed (for example rotating or swapping out your tires), they can practically run forever.

My ex didn't change the oil in her VW Passat for literally 3 years, and she only did it when I told her too, and hasn't changed it since. Now her car croaks all the time. No car can take neglect, it's like never eating fiber, you will just feel awful forever.

But a lot of cars have other issues despite regular maintenance, and that's where Honda shines. If you take care of your civic, it probably won't fuck up.
    Civics are self tuning now. I guess most cars are.

the computer is always adjusting things and not just watching for shit to unjust and then tell you to go fix it. so the first 100k miles easily is nearly guarenteed it will last. unless you wreck it or drive it all fucked up and mentioned, not change the oil.

I got the 75/100k on transmission and engine.. but then again they have a lifetime warranty on the car's power. the engine is taken care for as long as a person has it.. they probably will stick used parts in the thing but who cares, keep it on the road at no cost to me other than a 100 dollar copay.

transmissions are a bitch though.. they cost 4k probably .. so go easy on the transmission.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Best in their class of small sedans for the price.

they average 250-300k without a major overhaul. and many can run up to a million miles before bottoming out.

the down side is in the past they were the number one car stolen for parts.

the upside is it's dropped to like third place for stolen cars. Accords I believe get stolen more than Civics though

Post last edited by Totse 2001 at 2017-12-28T01:20:09.271957+00:00

wrong

NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Civics are self tuning now. I guess most cars are.

the computer is always adjusting things and not just watching for shit to unjust and then tell you to go fix it. so the first 100k miles easily is nearly guarenteed it will last. unless you wreck it or drive it all fucked up and mentioned, not change the oil.

I got the 75/100k on transmission and engine.. but then again they have a lifetime warranty on the car's power. the engine is taken care for as long as a person has it.. they probably will stick used parts in the thing but who cares, keep it on the road at no cost to me other than a 100 dollar copay.

transmissions are a bitch though.. they cost 4k probably .. so go easy on the transmission.

wrong

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by AngryOnion What type of problems are you having??
    Honda's are good cars if they are properly maintained.
    I've been the auto repair biz for 34 years ask me anything.

why does the cam of my CVCC keeps wearing out ????

specifically cam lobe for cylinder 2.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon the only real maintenance you have to do is oil changes…… If you change the oil frequently they can practically run forever.

thats a myth perpetuated by your oil and lubricant feudal lords.

and the reason they want you to DIY it is so that you dont come into contact with honest mechanics that tell you how silly the notion is.

or hear them laffing at you behind your back for getting motor oils and enhancements that dont need changing changed.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by benny vader thats a myth perpetuated by your oil and lubricant feudal lords.

and the reason they want you to DIY it is so that you dont come into contact with honest mechanics that tell you how silly the notion is.

or hear them laffing at you behind your back for getting motor oils and enhancements that dont need changing changed.

mr mechanic here... that doesn't even own a car...
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    like doctors own diseases.
    Originally posted by benny vader thats a myth perpetuated by your oil and lubricant feudal lords.

Kindly shut the fuck up, retard
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Kindly shut the fuck up, retard

oh, i almost forgot.

the stale airs in your tire need to changed frequently too. new airs go stale after a few months.
    Originally posted by benny vader oh, i almost forgot.

the stale airs in your tire need to changed frequently too. new airs go stale after a few months.

Don't forget to replace headlight fluid from time 2 time
    I stood up on your hood, squated and took a shit on your windshield.. just use your wipers to clean that off.. or get out on the highway after letting it dry first, and blow it off from excessive speeds.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Don't forget to replace headlight fluid from time 2 time

no mane, those fluids are kerosene and they get used up.

just refill is needed.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink

I've had cars off and on through out my life, but theres been plenty of times where I didn't and I was just as prosperous if not more without them.

I have a nissan centra and a mazda 626. Its unfortunate though that I have to buy insurance for the mazda 626 so I can get it inspected before I sell it. such a pain in the ass.

But at the same time if someones interested in buying it there probably going to buy it on the spot so its quicky money.

My old friend from avenue b, she sold her car as soon as she moved to austin and just rode her bike to work or took the bus, I'd give her rides to the store and we'd do our shopping together so it worked out. Cars definitely can be convenient but I always think it funny when the rare person ask me why I'm walking to the store... or how did I get somewhere without a car..

its like you can't walk for 30 minutes?
    LegalizеSpiritualDisсoverу Yung Blood [the providently attainable ore]
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 I stood up on your hood, squated and took a shit on your windshield.. just use your wipers to clean that off.. or get out on the highway after letting it dry first, and blow it off from excessive speeds.

Correct!
Jump to Top