User Controls

Some questions regarding a lunatic mouse

So I've got a laptop, runs windows 10, and I cannot figure out what's wrong with the mouse. It moves like crazy. Sensitivity checked. Antivirus says its clean. Trackpad off, mouse unplugged, still goes buckwild. Restarted to an earlier state before it started doing this. Nothing. What the fuck is wrong with it? It's just about impossible to do anything on it because the mouse moves on its own in random directions. My next step is to just reinstall windows but that's kind of a hassle and I'd rather fix it.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    You say "mouse" then refer to a trackpad. Are you talking about an external mouse or a built-in laptop trackpad?
    Originally posted by Grimace You say "mouse" then refer to a trackpad. Are you talking about an external mouse or a built-in laptop trackpad?

It does not matter which I use. It has a trackpad and that goes buckwild. I have a mouse and it goes buckwild too. If I disconnect both the mouse and trackpad, it still goes buckwild. I initially hoped it would be a problem with one or the other as that would be an easy fix, but it seems like a deeper issue that I don't know how to solve.
    So you're saying if you disconnect the external mouse and disable the trackpad, you still have a cursor on your screen that moves entirely on it's own?
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    Update drivers. Google for more info as
    I'm on mobile and tipsy
    Originally posted by Grimace So you're saying if you disconnect the external mouse and disable the trackpad, you still have a cursor on your screen that moves entirely on it's own?

Yes. I don't get it at all.

Didn't really think the drivers would be an issue but I guess it can't hurt to try. Probably should've tried already. Won't be able to until after work, but I'll update this thread then.
    Please create this DVD and boot to it. Report back if the mouse is still doing it within that.
    "Update the drivers" - is a blanket term that I despise. No clarification there.

You need to be looking for chipset drivers and BIOS firmware updates as well as any trackpad software provided. These three things are what you are looking for. Go to your computer manufacturer's website and find their drivers section and search for your model. Find drivers associated with Touchpad/Trackpad/Input, chipset, and BIOS firmware updates. Install all of them and report back.
    Thanks bb, not sure how to use that though. I mean I know how to put it onto a dvd/usb and boot, but I don't understand the accessing and repairing files bit. Does it do this process automatically?
    Originally posted by Grimace "Update the drivers" - is a blanket term that I despise. No clarification there.

You need to be looking for chipset drivers and BIOS firmware updates as well as any trackpad software provided. These three things are what you are looking for. Go to your computer manufacturer's website and find their drivers section and search for your model. Find drivers associated with Touchpad/Trackpad/Input, chipset, and BIOS firmware updates. Install all of them and report back.

dui wo yijing zhidao dan xiexie
    Originally posted by Grimace "Update the drivers" - is a blanket term that I despise. No clarification there.

All you need to do is make the DVD and boot to it. That is all you are concerned with. If the mouse behaves normally within it, then it is a software (driver) issue. If it acts weird in that too, then it's likely hardware.
    That DVD is a live Windows environment, used by technicians and nerds to repair various aspects of Windows. You can use it just as you would normally use Windows. I just want to see if your mouse behaves that way within a totally foreign operating system.
    Gotcha. Thnx babe. It's not my computer so it may be a day or two before schedules align for me to give it a go.
    So...it's been a week. What happened?
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    He should probably suck your dick.

And I don't mean like two good boys discoverin homosexuality

I mean forcible, holding him down with your knee, whispering the age old "I GOT YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKER"
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Grimace So…it's been a week. What happened?

Guy got all gay on me so I stopped caring about his computer.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by 哈哈你看不懂中文 Guy got all gay on me so I stopped caring about his computer.

You're going to get your butthole fucked HARD at one point in life. I don't know when, but you'll probably end up wearing Capris and drinking Sunny Delight after the ordeal
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    probably a wire pressed to the bottom of the trackpad

it picks up the electromagnetic field and assumes it's a finger

though it should stop if you disable the trackpad
    I hope it does it forever
    So....are you one of those faggots that never comes back to report on what happened in the thread they started that triggered a flood of help and support?
Jump to Top