User Controls

The day my dog was put down...

My mom & sister seemingly to me "suddenly" decided it was time to put her down. I remeber before they went to take her to the vet to be put down, my mom handed her to me to hold her one last time...

...and the thing is, I knew their plan to put her down about around a week in advance, and even told myself that I would try to stop them if they went forward....

...but I didn't... she coulda possibly lived a couple / few months longer if I did something
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Needledick_Needledick_Needledick …but I didn't… she coulda possibly lived a couple / few months longer if I did something

no man. \

shes pregnant with your fathers baby and if she live a bit longer people would find out and burn her and your father at stake.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Dude, it's better to let go before they get to the point they've lost all dignity, and have no quality of life. I've waited too long before, out of selfishness, love for that animal, not wanting to see them go, and I regret it. I did cherish what bit I had, but I should have let them go before they had to endure that pain and misery, before they got to that point. This months may have been hell for her, they may have been months of fear and pain, where as she got to go before it got to that point. I would always err on too soon, than too late, especially when you know for certain, in an elderly animals, or very sickly animal, their time will be coming before long. Don't beat yourself up for not doing anything, letting her go was the best thing you could have done for her most likely. Look at it this way, she was lucky in that she got to live, and hopefully avoid the worse of suffering before the end, in a calm, easy way to go, before she had to deal with the worst of it. She had people who loved her enough not to make her stay around in pain for longer than she needed, and you got to say your goodbyes to her before she went- sometimes, more often actually, we aren't so lucky as to get that chance.

We all die, it's a fate we all share. Cherish the time you had with her and memories you made. It sucks, it hurts, but it's part of life. I know nothing I can say would make you feel better, but I genuinely wish you the best, and truly am sorry for your loss, I really empathize with what you're dealing with. They say time heals all wounds. She's in a better place, even if that's in the dirt, not in pain. It'll get better in time.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by hydromorphone Dude, it's better to let go before they get to the point they've lost all dignity, and have no quality of life.

gottdammmmittt

i hate people who treat their animals as if their some sort of toys that they can buy, sell, turn on and off at their motherfucking whims and bitchy fancies.

its all about you you youyouyouyou and you. do you even care what your doggs feel ??? doggs are perfectly capable of suiciding if they wanted it and when they wanted it .... i've seen it from time to time ...

so if they wanted to go, they'd do it themselves.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Originally posted by benny vader gottdammmmittt

i hate people who treat their animals as if their some sort of toys that they can buy, sell, turn on and off at their motherfucking whims and bitchy fancies.

its all about you you youyouyouyou and you. do you even care what your doggs feel ??? doggs are perfectly capable of suiciding if they wanted it and when they wanted it …. i've seen it from time to time …

so if they wanted to go, they'd do it themselves.

You're trolling, but fuck it, I'll bite.

Dude, when a it gets to a point they're so sick they can't even stand and piss, how do you know they don't want to die? They couldn't suicide if they wanted to at that point. Most people who care about their dogs keep them in fences and/or on leashes. A dogs options of suicide are quite limited, and I would say fairly painful, and not always lethal 100% of the time, even if it could make it's mind up to suicide.

It's quite the opposite, it's about them. As their care taker, as something I love dearly, I would have loved to keep my animals I loved around forever with me. I would never euthanize an animal just because I didn't want it anymore or couldn't keep it, nor even ditch it at the pound. My decision to euthanize something I love is based on how I would feel in their shoes, since they can't really tell me what they'd want, or for that matter make an informed decision if they could regarding that. It's based on not wanting them to suffer in pain. In the case of every animal I've euthanized, or would for that matter (save for livestock I've raised to eat), I've done it when they've come to their end, they're dying anyway, and have more bad days than good, to spare them a long painful drawn out death.

I've seen people do crazy shit to keep an animal alive, where the animal is suffering, in pain, and has zero quality of life. I think that is the saddest things in the world. The weird thing is these people love their animal, but they're too selfish to pull the plug and say goodbye, and rather would make their critter suffer just to be there with them, when had nature taken it's course, they'd have long been dead. I could not watch someone I love die a slow, painful death, and not do something to help them avoid that pain, if I had the power to help them break on through to the other side. It killed me inside to do it, but I know what I did was right. I've fought tooth and nail to save lives, but I also have learned when it's time to let them go, and pull the trigger to save them from agony, when no hope exists for their recovery, and return to a life of quality. It's the greatest act of love.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by hydromorphone You're trolling, but fuck it, I'll bite.

Dude, when a it gets to a point they're so sick they can't even stand and piss, how do you know they don't want to die?

you'll know when they start to refuse foods. thats the sign they wanted to be left alone and go the way dogs been going for aeons.

i love dogs, which is why i dont own one. all the doggs i know are free private citizens hanging around eateries and cafes, living the life they've never asked for as freely as their surroundings will allow them .... and reproducing for the purpose that nobody, not them, not even us, understands why.

But one thing is certain :

that there'll always be a dogg under the table, ready to pounce on the cock bones incompetently left in my plate of cock rice by that incompetent cock rice vendor. as this one dies, another will come and take its place .....

tl;dr : if you love a certain animals, dont keep them as pet becos as soon as you do, they stop being living creatures and start being toys.

lives are not toys.
Jump to Top