User Controls

What is meant by mathematical software?

I'm choosing classes for the next term and I have an option to take this "mathematical software 101" course as an elective. My current courses use matlab and shit, which I'm assuming this class is largely about? It would be extremely beneficial for me to get my matlab chops up before some of the gnarlier upper div courses. But I'm not 100% sure that's what they're talking about and the course description isn't up to date for some reason so it's not letting me see it. Anyone know?
    Also does anyone have any recommendations for any math classes that would be interesting to take as an elective? I'm gonna see if I can do complex analysis but idk if they'll let me as an EE major
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    softwares that deals with things methematical.
    Computer science is literally a branch of mathematics.

I am guessing the course is R and Python, but that is guessing. I would ask the professor directly.

The only things worth knowing about right now is Python for machine learning and blockchain, and Javascript for web development/node development.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah it's most likely going to be math-specific languages like Matlab, though you could get the same thing done with most programming languages, it's just trickier

lol@ javascript being worth knowing

why would you think that machine learning and web nonsense are the only things worth learning?
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    I definitely would. What's your gras of code?
Jump to Top