User Controls

Free Ebook / Audiobook Amazon Hack

EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    As soon as I figured this out, I instantly thought of you guys.

So it's no secret that EasyDoesIt is short on cash. I got an oldschool E-reader from a garage sale (some old kindle model) a few months ago. This is awesome since I read a shit ton of books.
    The only thing is that I've also spent a ton of money on ebooks because you can buy them through the device. This kind of sucks but I love to read so I was torn. Anyway, I wound up getting this goofy thing on Amazon called "Kindle Unlimited" where you can read as much as you want for for like 10 bucks a month.

I found a weird "free trial" promotion loophole that works for thirty days. Basically you just signed up for the free trial on your amazon account, download a ungodly amount of books for a month weeks, and then unsubscribed from it before it's over.

The best part is that you don't even need a kindle. It works on your phone, computer, or whatever. You can even download audiobooks from it.

I'm learning Web Development so I can change careers and it's awesome that my books are now free. Just a note, this probably works on textbooks.

vagrant Yung Blood
    just a headsup its also super easy to torrent e-books as .epubs and then load them onto your e-reader. no loopholes required.
    just a headsup its also super easy to torrent e-books as .epubs and then load them onto your e-reader. no loopholes required.

Agreed. I just like this because you don't have to know what you're looking for. You just browse amazon and grab what you want.
    vagrant Yung Blood
    yeah thats very true, it's a neat trick. props for finding it.
    It's like literally free books. Nerds everywhere will cream.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Good find.
    This shit is off the hook.
    Kek Houston
    Nice find man. Any idea if they delete after you cancel the trial or if they have safeguards against OP's idea? I know somestreaming services will let you download videos but they are only good so long as your subscription is. In any case I am sure soph or one of our resident 4@xx0Rz could find a way to unlock the drm.
    Nice find man. Any idea if they delete after you cancel the trial or if they have safeguards against OP's idea? I know somestreaming services will let you download videos but they are only good so long as your subscription is. In any case I am sure soph or one of our resident 4@xx0Rz could find a way to unlock the drm.

Well what I did was save all this stuff to an external HD after I downloaded it. So after my subscription was cancelled, it didn't affect the files I had saved there.

Amazon has a lot of weird things like this.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support

Amazon used to use a DRM scheme which allowed remote deletes, but i think this only worked in conjunction with their e-book reader.
    Amazon used to use a DRM scheme which allowed remote deletes, but i think this only worked in conjunction with their e-book reader.

That's pretty interesting. I've never experienced that problem though.

I have a ton of stuff saved up because of the ol' Zoklet library.
Jump to Top