User Controls

Increase max avatar file size to 250kb

Would dramatically increase the quality of gif avvies with basically no sacrifice to performance for the site.
    I just want Duane to receive his due
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    oh no EIT binge time
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra oh no EIT binge time

One of the 7 Wonders of the Internet
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra

Fuckin classic
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    If Lanny just allowed off-site avatars to be used it would literally be ZERO impact to the site.

Honestly though, who has an avatar limit below 2mb these days.
    2mb is insane, that's like a 3200x2000 photo - imagine loading 100mb of avatars alone if you're looking at a page of 50 posts from 50 different posters

allowing offsite avatars would make it easy to set up a custom host to capture user IPs whenever the image is requested, though I guess you could enhancement it to only allow the use of free uploaders like imgur and such
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet If Lanny just allowed off-site avatars to be used it would literally be ZERO impact to the site.

Honestly though, who has an avatar limit below 2mb these days.

Agree with the first part, let us just use URLs and render them small.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, what aldra said, 2mb is a lot of data on mobile connections, off site hosting doesn't fix that (the issue is not that I don't have hosting bandwidth, that's cheap, it's that clients don't) and it's abusable.
    Fell out with some niggas as I got richer........

Lost my main bitch as I got richer..

She aint dead I just ain't fuckin with her..
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Wick Sweat Fell out with some niggas as I got richer……..

Lost my main bitch as I got richer..

She aint dead I just ain't fuckin with her..

cos you feel nothing without her clenching her sphincter ???
    250 kB pls
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    fine, 250 doesn't seem too bad.
    Originally posted by Lanny fine, 250 doesn't seem too bad.

My man
    FULL COLOUR DUANE!!!
    Just out of curiosity, why was it specifically 131kb in the first place? Why not 128 or 132
    thats what happens when you put mice up your ass
Jump to Top