User Controls

Anyone ever grow shrooms?

AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I have some spore syringes and I build a glove box.
    Now I just have to put together a grow chamber and shit.
    Anyone ever do it?
    How hard is really.
    No
    You will need a pressure cooker or autoclave. Order up some spawn bags while you're atit. Don't use PFtek, multispore is slow and inefficient imo. It's only good for isolating viable mycelium. If you're set on doing it go for it. While your shitty mason jars are going, get yourself some petri dishes with potato dextrose agar and isolate yourself some nice rhizomorphic mycelium(google image that). Isolate a strong culture. Sterilize some spawn bags full of moist birdseed. Introduce your prized mycelium into that. Keep it in a dark place and let the mycelium fully impregnate the spawn substrate. From there, you can expose it to air/light to cause fruiting(actual mushroom growth), OR, you can mix that 100% birdseed mycelium with some 60/40 birdseed/straw substrate(the BULK substrate), and then let that mycelium fully impregnate that. You can mix your spawn substrate with your bulk substrate at any ratio you want. 1:10 will probably be ok if you keep a sterile environment. Just have like 20 lasagna dishes that shit ready to go into the fruiting chamber. OR, you can cut it at a dense 1:2 ratio and it will reproduce very quickly and be ready to fruit within a couple days. Keep proper humidity and tempreature requirements for each phase. That depends on the strain. Ok thats all for now.
Jump to Top