User Controls

the pledge of allegiance

the point of the pledge of allegiance isn't to honor anyone or anything, it's to force you to be submissive for a minute every day so you get used to it
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    lol
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    It's about eagles, and speech.

Its about the statue of liberty's face guard, about the colors that are your colors to love, and about trying to not be homosexual in a world trying to convince us it's ok.

Our pledge represents a nation of, again, many eagles and majestic ones usually, sometimes not like there's a few eagles in my neck of the woodens that fly into houses and barn doors a lot like what are you doing egle you silly goose you are so silly and dumb lil eagle
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by greenplastic the point of the pledge of allegiance isn't to honor anyone or anything, it's to force you to be submissive for a minute every day so you get used to it

pretty much this, I've been making pledge of allegiance threads since the totse days. My friend and I wouldn't say the pledge of allegiance in highschool (mainly because we were stoned and edglords) but looking back on it we were doing the right thing, (the teachers would get upset and tell us to at least stand, but what if you didn't even want to do that?) I'm not saying murica doesn't have its perk but there are so many things fundamentally wrong which you should have reason to protest if you like, but oh wait dont invoke your right of freedom of speech too much...

I'm a true american patriot and I wish things were different, but some things will never change.

*beats uncle sam with a baton*
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Forced to say pledge - that's not right!

Forced to attend school in the first place - that's fine and acceptable!
    And another thing, the star spangled banner is bs too, like they talk about the land of the free and the home of the brave, but only if its on their terms... sure you can do what you want but if you get arrested with a gram of weed or have too much adrenaline in your system while working at the verizon wireless family, you're going to get face fucked by an old smelly bureaucrat and have your right to vote potentially taken away and forced to watch hollywood henderson videos about his crack days.

its fucking bullshit, i've watched hollywood henderson vids on a few occasions and I still want to do what I want to do.

Post last edited by Bill Krozby at 2017-10-20T07:43:44.695497+00:00
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, "the pledge" is pretty damn creepy if you stop and think about it. I'm glad it's not a thing in schools anymore, they tried to do it briefly when I was in high school but it was more of a joke than anything.

Originally posted by mmQ Forced to say pledge - that's not right!

Forced to attend school in the first place - that's fine and acceptable!

The benefits of public education seem a lot less politically motivated than an oath of allegiance you're forced to recite daily. You have to be able to read, you don't have to vow to uphold Noah Webster's honor in public every morning.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Lanny Yeah, "the pledge" is pretty damn creepy if you stop and think about it. I'm glad it's not a thing in schools anymore, they tried to do it briefly when I was in high school but it was more of a joke than anything.

The benefits of public education seem a lot less politically motivated than an oath of allegiance you're forced to recite daily. You have to be able to read, you don't have to vow to uphold Noah Webster's honor in public every morning.

Might I propose that public education is the pledge of allegiance that we are forced to recite through attendance?
    Originally posted by Lanny Yeah, "the pledge" is pretty damn creepy if you stop and think about it. I'm glad it's not a thing in schools anymore, they tried to do it briefly when I was in high school but it was more of a joke than anything.

Public schools don't work for everyone but I get what you're getting at. Personally my parents taught me how to read and write.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    thats why i go to a montesori school
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Panthrax thats why i go to a montesori school

Its not one of those weird Montessori schools is it?
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    i dunno, i would just have you debate one of my students and you could decide for yourself
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Panthrax i dunno, i would just have you debate one of my students and you could decide for yourself

What if your students and I holistically agree on every possible point of view in existence rendering debate unfeasible?

What are the teacher's lounges like there?

How many times do the students get to 'GO PLAY RECESS' per day?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by mmQ Might I propose that public education is the pledge of allegiance that we are forced to recite through attendance?

In what way? It's true, there are definitely points of bias in the american education system. It's well crafted to produce laborers valuable in a nationally collective sense. But despite that there does seem to be some "academic" spirit embodied there. Yes learning about history from american text books isn't going to paint the full picture of the vast swaths of humanity we've murdered for "our" political and economic goals. But for ever colored "fact" ingested the immeasurable gift of literacy is granted, mathematical truth is shown through some crude specular, darkly. American education leaves much to be desired, but at least it exposes the mind to a wide field of truth and semi-truth and untruth and grants, however faint, the distant star of intellect and intellectual communication as a means towards truth.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    that was beautiful sport
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Also I would totes sign my kid up for montessori. Fight the man, dude!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    also I'm drunk fuck you motherfucker as if I care about your bullshit shitbull
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    call me when your ready
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    i can tell you arent ready LOL
Jump to Top