User Controls

Investing 1000/wk

Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    What would you invest in? Starting with 0 dollars and having an additional 1000USD per week for a period of 48 to 96 weeks. Can be a long term buy and hold type of thing. You want something that will generate it's own income with out much additional work.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    Even if your 401k and ROTH was all VTSMX or similar?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Panthrax Even if your 401k and ROTH was all VTSMX or similar?

Unless you have some particular reason to suspect a particular index or security is going to do better, yeah, just stick with a total market fund.
    Originally posted by Lanny Unless you have some particular reason to suspect a particular index or security is going to do better, yeah, just stick with a total market fund.

who's a lil' crippled dad.com?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    go away sploo, your IQ is too low to be in this thread
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    I guess I want someone to tell me to leverage with single family or multi family homes, and pay a manager to handle it after purchase.
    Originally posted by Panthrax Even if your 401k and ROTH was all VTSMX or similar?

Well, this is new information. You mentioned this might be a long term buy and hold type of thing. Are you maxing out your 401k and Roth? That's what I would do first. Then, since your $52,000 per year is above the IRS contribution limits, you'll still have some funds left over. I would put that in a taxable account, which would be fine in some kind of total stock market fund.

Have you looked into any robo-advisors? I use Betterment for some things and it's pretty simple. They invest mostly in Vanguard funds. You can select your asset allocation, which I would suggest 90% stocks and 10% bonds if you're really in it for the long haul, and they'll do the rest. Since you said your tax-advantaged accounts are all in stock funds, then your risk tolerance is probably pretty high.

Just don't sell your investments during the correction that's coming up, and keep contributing. Dollar cost averaging will work in your favor and you'll come out on top.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    Or some other way to be making money with good credit
    I'm not really into physical real estate. Some people are cut out for it, but I don't want to deal with other people's drama.

If real estate is your thing, I would look into a REIT. There are some good ones out there that pay around an 8% yield, which isn't bad. Just watch out for taxes because they do get taxed heavily.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    do it ever 4 weeks 3000
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    The fuck is $96,000 going to get me in terms of investments? Best case scenario is within 96 weeks I can have some shitty lawn care business up and running by paying 3 kids $200 a week, and using the other $400 for overhead.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet The fuck is $96,000 going to get me in terms of investments? Best case scenario is within 96 weeks I can have some shitty lawn care business up and running by paying 3 kids $200 a week, and using the other $400 for overhead.

This is why you will always be broke.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Panthrax What would you invest in? Starting with 0 dollars and having an additional 1000USD per week for a period of 48 to 96 weeks. Can be a long term buy and hold type of thing. You want something that will generate it's own income with out much additional work.

Anything having to do with oil. Oil ETFs or oil company stocks, which are incredibly cheap right now (about the same as they were at the bottom of the market). Electric cars are getting a lot of publicity right now despite being nothing but a steaming heap of shit, they don't have the range or low cost that oil powered cars do, plus you have trucks, ships, power-plants and building heating. Oil is not going out of fashion any time soon.

If you wish to diversify, Gold. If you want to go crypto, Monero or ZCash.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by jedi.Goldstein Anything having to do with oil. Oil ETFs or oil company stocks, which are incredibly cheap right now (about the same as they were at the bottom of the market). Electric cars are getting a lot of publicity right now despite being nothing but a steaming heap of shit, they don't have the range or low cost that oil powered cars do, plus you have trucks, ships, power-plants and building heating. Oil is not going out of fashion any time soon.

careful, more and more countries are dropping the petrodollar entirely - China, Russia and Iran (also in discussions are Venezuela and other South-American states) are set to start trading oil only in gold-backed currencies within the next 5 years
    Originally posted by aldra careful, more and more countries are dropping the petrodollar entirely - China, Russia and Iran (also in discussions are Venezuela and other South-American states) are set to start trading oil only in gold-backed currencies within the next 5 years

The petrodollar is fake.

The US dollar's current supremacy relates:
    1) to the US's dominant role in high value added manufacture (even now)
    2) to the US's dominant military role
    3) to the US's dominant financial role
    4) to the US's dominant IT role

The US is no longer a massive net oil exporter, but has a highly talented population (Wall Street jedis + hard working fucking white males) which keeps it's position as the dominant power intact. The idea that the dollar derives its value from a small float of dollars being kept for buying and selling oil is sort of bullshit.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Only 2 and 3 are really true, and they're diminishing. 1 and 4 are inflated far beyond any tangible value.

The US hasn't been a significant oil trader in a long time; the dominance of the petrodollar comes from their ability to control international oil prices. Not only that, but by controlling costs and limiting flow into competitor countries, they stifle that country's social and technical development as there's currently no replacement for oil in modern industry.

They've been trying to get back into gas exports, but their overheads make them unable to compete in international markets - trying to ram their high-transet-cost fracking treasures into Europe is one of the main reasons for the sanctions being imposed on Russia and even the war in Syria.
    G African Astronaut
    BTC & ETH son.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by Ajax This is why you will always be broke.

I repeat, what is $96,000 going to get me in terms of investments? Do you even understand what it costs to start literally any business? I want quick, steady return, holmes. I want that $96,000 back within 24 months and generating me profit by 30.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet I repeat, what is $96,000 going to get me in terms of investments? Do you even understand what it costs to start literally any business? I want quick, steady return, holmes. I want that $96,000 back within 24 months and generating me profit by 30.

Yeah, let me know how that works out for you.
Jump to Top