User Controls

NIS Book Club

Hello gay niggers, I thought NIS should have a book club.

As a rule, all NIS book club books will be public domain to free, to start. This commie policy is so you can easily find and read the book, and also because they're classics.

There's no time limit for each book. Just read it and talk about it. I'll change the book when it feels like everyone's done with it.

Book 1 is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
    bling bling Dark Matter
    somtimes i feel like i created a frankenstien monster
    Originally posted by bling bling somtimes i feel like i created a frankenstien monster

God is a Frankenstein's monster stitched together from many different ideas of truth and virtue.
    Wollstonecraft sounds like a bad minecraft ripoff. Gonna read it though because I never read it before. Here's a sauce for anybody who is interested.

https://www.planetebook.com/ebooks/Frankenstein.pdf
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Just downloaded and read it twice for good measure. Decent read, wouldn't read again. I liked the ending.
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    I read it when I was in either elementary or middle school.
    I'm a couple pages deep and this honestly feels like a well spoken YA story.

One of his most intimate friends was a merchant who, from a flourishing state, fell, through numerous mischances, into poverty.

I mean fucking hell.
    Keep reading. It has a phenomenal plot. It's also a genuinely terrifying novel.
    I kinda wish I had a paper copy. I'm reading this off a laptop and it's hard as fuck to focus.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I'm a couple pages deep and this honestly feels like a well spoken YA story.

I mean fucking hell.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon Keep reading. It has a phenomenal plot.

This, you don't read Frankenstein for the prose.

#VictorDidNothingWrong
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    P.S. I now deem this thread srs bsns and shitposting will not be tolerated.
    Originally posted by Lanny #VictorDidNothingWrong

Well nobody really did anything wrong so to speak, no?

Who is the monster? It's based on whose shoes you put yourself to. If anyone is wrong, it's society.
    Originally posted by bling bling i read papillon twice to it is a good book maybe??? it is long bout u should read it its good i think

I think your idea makes sense, just read a book and talk about it if you like. But also try to read the current book.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Well nobody really did anything wrong so to speak, no?

I read the book as part of a class and at least there, despite the plot details above, consensus seemed to be overwhelming that Victor was the villain of the novel. Admittedly this doesn't seem to be too far from the authorial intent, but I don't think that's an argument in itself. Harriet Beecher Stowe probably though Augustine was a swell guy but that doesn't mean buying and selling humans is no big deal.

Post last edited by Lanny at 2017-10-21T19:45:31.728496+00:00
    Originally posted by Lanny Well the monster verifiably murders 3 people and is causally responsible for Victor's death. He also destroys a peasant village for no real reason and it's unclear if that constitutes further murder or is simply property damage. I think it's safe to say the monster did something wrong, even if you make the case he was wronged by Victor in the first place.

I read the book as part of a class and at least there, despite the plot details above, consensus seemed to be overwhelming that Victor was the villain of the novel. Admittedly this doesn't seem to be too far from the authorial intent, but I don't think that's an argument in itself. Harriet Beecher Stowe probably though Augustine was a swell guy but that doesn't mean buying and selling humans is no big deal.

I believe the monster is meant to be a vessel for an average person in the same situation. Grotesque, rejected and shunned, but self aware. Yet he is simply the puppet who can see the strings.
    Originally posted by Lanny

*deletes Frankenstein pdf*

Use spoiler tags niga.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon I believe the monster is meant to be a vessel for an average person in the same situation. Grotesque, rejected and shunned, but self aware. Yet he is simply the puppet who can see the strings.

Yeah, the monster is definitely meant to be empathized with, I won't argue that point. But villains often are the character a reader most readily connects with, that doesn't justify their actions.

Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 *deletes Frankenstein pdf*

Use spoiler tags niga.

Oops, sorry. If you got past the first chapter and have the frame story nothing there should spoil a significant plot point too badly.
    Lol did you edit my post to put in spoiler tags?
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    This thread will never work
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Originally posted by mashlehash This thread will never work

I guess you and it have something in common.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top