User Controls

Could the mafia have infiltrated the government?

Looks at some if the shit the government does, seems like they could be connected to the mafia.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the US government literally is a mafia, with special interest lobbying groups undermining their primary responsibility to the people and the military being used to enforce US- and Israel-centric economic policies. they make the Italian mafia look like chumps.

there have been plenty of local and probably state-level officials on the actual Mafia payroll if you want to be more literal - back in WWII there was an agreement between the military and the mob; the mob would use their control over the ports to keep German spies out in return for the government overlooking their activities there.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by aldra the US government literally is a mafia, with special interest lobbying groups undermining their primary responsibility to the people and the military being used to enforce US- and Israel-centric economic policies. they make the Italian mafia look like chumps.

there have been plenty of local and probably state-level officials on the actual Mafia payroll if you want to be more literal - back in WWII there was an agreement between the military and the mob; the mob would use their control over the ports to keep German spies out in return for the government overlooking their activities there.

Quite true. The federal government and the mob work hand in hand at all times. Just one big, giant, criminal syndicate, and We the People are merely the suckers to be had.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Banks as well, how the fuck do you think they launder all that money from the heroin trade.
    Its all a shit show.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Quite true. The federal government and the mob work hand in hand at all times. Just one big, giant, criminal syndicate, and We the People are merely the suckers to be had.

What do you think might be different for us as Americans, if this weren't so, if we weren't suckers, and our government was open and public about everything from the beginning. I wonder how that would affect our lives.
    Originally posted by mmQ What do you think might be different for us as Americans, if this weren't so, if we weren't suckers, and our government was open and public about everything from the beginning. I wonder how that would affect our lives.

there wouldn't be government as we understand the concept today if they were somehow forced to be accountable and transparent to the people they ostensibly represent from the start

aside: I talk about the US a lot because they're powerful and a very prominent example - the same principles apply to just about every 'democratic' country on the planet
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra there wouldn't be government as we understand the concept today if they were somehow forced to be accountable and transparent to the people they ostensibly represent from the start

aside: I talk about the US a lot because they're powerful and a very prominent example - the same principles apply to just about every 'democratic' country on the planet

So what do you think it'd be like? I honestly have no clue.
    There would be actual peace and prosperity. Happiness and comfort for all. No one in need of anything. Everyone having an abundance of goods and possessions.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL There would be actual peace and prosperity. Happiness and comfort for all. No one in need of anything. Everyone having an abundance of goods and possessions.

How though? Equal wealth distribution?
    Originally posted by mmQ How though? Equal wealth distribution?

There would be so much of everything available to each person that no one would need anything. There would be a surplus in abundance.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL There would be so much of everything available to each person that no one would need anything. There would be a surplus in abundance.

Who would provide this abundance of goods? Are you saying everything would be nearly free?
    Originally posted by mmQ So what do you think it'd be like? I honestly have no clue.

too many factors; I think spectral's overestimating human nature and your average person's self control.

If a government were only able to rule by being transparent and accountable, that would reduce their potential for overreach and consolidation of power in general. In a perfect world that would lead to a small government akin to what libertarians want.

when there's a weak or no central power though, that's when other groups form to take control - it's what happened in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya... Whenever the government is deposed or made otherwise impotent, there needs to be a strong transition process or else everything falls to anarchy, where another (usually much worse) natural order emerges

And that's not saying anything about the now-castrated government's ability to respond to outside threats - other things aside it'd be all good and well if all governments and powerful groups were forced to play by the same rules, but if not...

nature abhors a vacuum
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I posted this in the retarded thread, not sure if you saw it but it's relevant to this topic:

it's nice to fantasize about the government losing it's ability to rob and rape you, until you realise that in it's absence that's not just a metaphor anymore
    Originally posted by mmQ How though? Equal wealth distribution?

Commie scum.
Jump to Top