User Controls

best way 2 watch movies on computer?

Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    I used to use a free movie website that would have links to video hosting sites where u could watch movies ppl uploaded. but in recent times it has become total shit and the sites try to get u malware and wont buffer fast enough even once you get it started.

whats a good website or should i do torrents. will using a vpn be sufficient to keep movie studios off your back when torrenting?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Torrents are the way to go, most the good public trackers either shut down or are spammy dogshit right now though. If you can snag a pass the popcorn invite that's what you want to do. If not then be ready to sift through some garbage. You could also try the gnutella network, it was decent for popular movies back in the day although I don't really know its status now, I think wireshare is the go-to client at this point but I'm not sure.

And yeah, a VPN should be more than enough. IP owners largely don't care about illegal downloading outside of a few cases (within a couple of weeks of release of anticipated blockbusters, in universities on the premise that taking away student access to content will drive them to purchasing models and turn them into lifelong paying consumers, etc), the cost of general enforcement is just too high to make it worth it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    If you don't want to pay for Netflix and shit, and don't want to bother with torrents, the site solarmovie.sc is fantastic for streaming. I use it all the time for shit that's not on Netflix.

The quality is decent, the speed is fast and I have an adblocker (uBlock Origin) + Ghostery + a couple more extensions for safety and never have to deal with adblock prompts, ads, or malware.

Would highly recommend.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Lanny Torrents are the way to go, most the good public trackers either shut down or are spammy dogshit right now though. If you can snag a pass the popcorn invite that's what you want to do. If not then be ready to sift through some garbage. You could also try the gnutella network, it was decent for popular movies back in the day although I don't really know its status now, I think wireshare is the go-to client at this point but I'm not sure.

And yeah, a VPN should be more than enough. IP owners largely don't care about illegal downloading outside of a few cases (within a couple of weeks of release of anticipated blockbusters, in universities on the premise that taking away student access to content will drive them to purchasing models and turn them into lifelong paying consumers, etc), the cost of general enforcement is just too high to make it worth it.

Lanny so criminal
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    str8 thuggan
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Kodie with Exodus.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CountBlah Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Kodie with Exodus.

came here to post this

install kodi then a "build" such as firetvguru or pulse or wookie
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    so it's like you crack your fire stick and then you can watch everything??
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Panthrax so it's like you crack your fire stick and then you can watch everything??

Exactly
    Originally posted by Panthrax so it's like you crack your fire stick and then you can watch everything??

On the fire stick use a program called adb link to sideload your apps.

Terrarrium tv, mobdro and megabox are great. you honestly dont even need kodi with those
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    i buy a lot of cool shit from amazon i dont want to piss them off. we got a good relationship
    All you do is turn off app usage reporting on the stick. Then they don't know wtf you're doing. Amazon knows that the reason their fire sticks and fire tv are top sellers is the whole kodi thing.
    I haven't had cable in over a year. I use mobdro for live cable channels and terrarium tv and megabox for movies and shows on demand.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    I gotta use my phone for internet, so I do the amazon fire stick and setup my phone to do all the tether traffic thru a vpn?
    then i get all kinds of hella sick movies 24/7??
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Get Covenant Exodus is no longer maintained.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    i feel like im in a spy movie when we talk about this stuff
    Originally posted by Panthrax I gotta use my phone for internet, so I do the amazon fire stick and setup my phone to do all the tether traffic thru a vpn?
    then i get all kinds of hella sick movies 24/7??

you dont even need a vpn.

Check out some of the youtube videos on mobdro and the others I mentioned. Firetvguru.net has all the shit you need.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by CountBlah you dont even need a vpn.

Check out some of the youtube videos on mobdro and the others I mentioned. Firetvguru.net has all the shit you need.

CountBlah, I love you, but that's dumb. Of course you need a VPN. Just because your ISP isn't active in sending out letters for violations when they are hit with requests, doesn't make you immune to it. That being said, I have skated for nearly a decade VPN-free and torrented all I wanted and never received a letter. It's ultimately YOUR decision. I know I SHOULD be on one, but I am not.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Just torrent what you want. Unless you watch a lot of television. I personally only watch a few shows regularly, most I find to be mindless garbage.

As far as movies, you can use a MSR writer to write a name to a Vanilla Visa and then rent movies/games from Red Box and just keep them.
Jump to Top