User Controls

Music that makes you feel nostalgic?

I played Kingdom Hearts just after almost dying, so I always remember it. The main menu song is the most memorable for me but I always like this piece. It's relaxing and mildly depressing. Song isn't half as faggy as this cover makes it look, I promise.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Some anime OST believe it or not. Also, FF8 music, because i used to play that all the time when i was but a wee lad. Random bittersweet sounding music just makes me feel nostalgic for no reason at all. Maybe life used to be better. Who knows. Well i'm depressed now. Thanks §m£ÂgØL.

*Slowly walks off into the distance*
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind

What's it like to be you Obbe?
    Stan is a good one btw. Nostalgia or not.
    Originally posted by Sophie What's it like to be you Obbe?

Tell me what you think.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind Tell me what you think.

I don't know what it's like to be you. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    poppunk was my middleschool-core, sum 41, greenday, and good charlotte, bowling for soup. That kind of thing.

Looking back on some of the videos and the aesthetic you see in them is kinda weird for me, in retrospect I realized it was aimed at a demographic a couple years older than me. I won't claim it was ever good art, but there was a confessional mood there that was mostly lost on me (that All American Rejects single that was popular at the time might be the most obvious example, I just liked the guitars).

Early 2000s popular american music was a strange thing. Despite being aesthetically loathsome to me now, I'd argue it was a period with a degree of social awareness in popular music existing between two eras that lacked that dimension. One the one side there's the 90s, which while they did see inroads of alt genres with a degree of social commentary the top 40 seemed consistently to be a tug-o-war between hedonistic pop anthems and guitar bands trying to revive the "cool" factor of album rock. And on the other is something recognizable as the modern EDM/Rap popular music complex where one can find occasional blips of political consciousness (generally in the lead up to each of Obama's terms) but only as a veneer applied to a product fundamentally ignorant of extra-personal relations.

It's almost like post 9/11 we felt a final kick of moral clarity allowing popular art to explore our relationship to our society (which somewhat ironically largely focused on social marginalization, alienation) before sinking back below the waves of the modern assumption in popular art that social structures are more or less immutable.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    i not listened to the streets until last week buty it reminds me of the time wen ppl cud smoke in pubs
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie Some anime OST believe it or not. Also, FF8 music, because i used to play that all the time when i was but a wee lad. Random bittersweet sounding music just makes me feel nostalgic for no reason at all. Maybe life used to be better. Who knows. Well i'm depressed now. Thanks §m£ÂgØL.

*Slowly walks off into the distance*

Which animes?
    doom Houston
    the thing with these threads is nobody ever listens to anybody else's music
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    I don't have time to watch your video
    Originally posted by Open Your Mind

Can someone explain to me why they play this song on all the rock stations?
Jump to Top