User Controls

is gta san andreas good

or should I just play gta v
    before anyone says it, ive played gta vice city a million times already, im sick of it
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    It's pretty good.
    Originally posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery It's pretty good.

does having to play as a black detract anything from it?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    SA was one of the best AAA titles of the era. For the time and the budget I'd say it was a much better game than GTA5, although I'm not sure how well it will have aged. With the low poly counts required to run on the PS2 honestly the graphics were dogshit. The turf war mechanic really appealed to me though, it's become kinda common place in games but it was really well executed there despite being relatively simple compared to what you see today. The enormity of the play area was impressive, even today, so if you're big into open world stuff it'd be right up your alley.

So IDK, it was a great game in its time, and probably still enjoyable today.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Enter does having to play as a black detract anything from it?

Eh, not really. It goes well with the storyline, and there are some cool gang mechanics in the game. San Andreas was the only GTA where diet and exercise affect your physique, too, and I think NPCs said different shit depending on if you were fat or muscular or whatever. There's some cool old hippie conspiracy theorist dude with a weed farm at one point in the game. That dude was cool.
    Well if Vice

Originally posted by Lanny SA was one of the best AAA titles of the era. For the time and the budget I'd say it was a much better game than GTA5, although I'm not sure how well it will have aged. With the low poly counts required to run on the PS2 honestly the graphics were dogshit. The turf war mechanic really appealed to me though, it's become kinda common place in games but it was really well executed there despite being relatively simple compared to what you see today. The enormity of the play area was impressive, even today, so if you're big into open world stuff it'd be right up your alley.

So IDK, it was a great game in its time, and probably still enjoyable today.

Well if Vice City holds up, surely San Andreas would as well?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, if you liked Vice City then San Andreas is better in every technical respect. I could see some people preferring the mob and 80s/90s aesthetic of Vice City to playing as an inner city gang banger, but I think even on the story/atmosphere level SA built on VC.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I downloaded it on PS4 and it's still fun. There are a couple of infuriating missions I wish they would've fixed but it's a good game. I'm really into the LA gangster shit, though. It is of course full of satire and parodies so you'll probably enjoy it as well.

It is my favorite GTA.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I remember playing that weed farm level sober as fuck and pissed off, lol.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I remember wrecking shit with the lever action rifle on the weed farm mission. Still my favorite gun in the game.
    I think my favorite thing to do was vigilante missions in the helicopter

Fucking game froze when I was on level two hundred something and was making like a million+ per round, I was so pissed

That and the turf wars. Anybody ever do the glitch where the entire map turns into gang territories? Taking the las venturas strip over from the enemy gangs with all the nice cars zooming around was a lot of fun
    And getting a six star wanted level, then hopping into the hydra and dogfighting the us military. Makes me want to play it now but my only game save is at the beginning
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Enter does having to play as a black detract anything from it?

I like to put on a nigger voice and go rampaging.
    Originally posted by mashlehash I like to put on a nigger voice and go rampaging.

total beast mode

mah nigga
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    my greatest gta sa achievements are being able to shoot down pursuing hydras in a rustler ....

and with some cheatcodes i was able to reenact ghost rider.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    What about GTA IV?
    The driving in GTA IV sucked so much.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    have u ever stold a car and drive it in new yokr
Jump to Top