User Controls

Heaven

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Heaven it's like associated as being the greatest thing ever.

My question is, was heaven a word before religion created the idea of heaven, or did religion invent the term to essentially describe 'the greatest place you could ever imagine?' Because if it's the latter, that is disgustingly convenient that when we die, we go to THE GREATEST FUCKING PLACE YOU COULD EVER GODDAMNED IMAGINE.'

Also, orange. What came first, the fruit or the word? If it's the word, what did they call the fruit before that?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    answer me
    I don't know which came first. When man was created he already knew how to speak...but then again Eden was like heaven on earth, so your guess is as good as mine.

Also not everyone goes to heaven when they die. Even though getting there is free and easy as ever, the vast majority will burn instead.

Also also I would say the color was before the fruit.
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    The fruit came first.
    no the color
    Originally posted by Dargo no the color

I'm stating a fact, not a guess.
    Originally posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery I'm stating a fact, not a guess.

Source? For real. I'm curious.
    Originally posted by Dargo Source? For real. I'm curious.

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-4756,00.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(colour)

There are more sources if you Google it.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    anyone ever thought it funny that the words heaven and heathen are so similar?

Originally posted by Dargo I don't know which came first. When man was created he already knew how to speak…but then again Eden was like heaven on earth, so your guess is as good as mine.

Also not everyone goes to heaven when they die. Even though getting there is free and easy as ever, the vast majority will burn instead.

Also also I would say the color was before the fruit.

are you a christian?
    MmQ, are you asking whether the idea of a religious heaven come from the abstract concept of a perfect place?
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Mohamed El Tounsi

That's what I thought.
    Originally posted by greenplastic are you a christian?

Yeah
    Originally posted by Dargo Yeah

Lies
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon MmQ, are you asking whether the idea of a religious heaven come from the abstract concept of a perfect place?
    Originally posted by mashlehash Lies

???
    Are you really Christian?

I was raised Christian.

Christian is such an open term these days
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon MmQ, are you asking whether the idea of a religious heaven come from the abstract concept of a perfect place?

Sorry. Missed this.

Yes. I'm wondering if heaven was already a term before there existed religion. And if so, what would it mean? Why would someone invent the word heaven as meaning 'best place'? Or whatever. Know what I'm saying here?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Like if I right now said that there is actually a super-heaven which is really the best, and people slowly started to get on board with me, then would the religions perhaps adopt super-heaven as their own, and change their doctine to include super-heaven?
    Originally posted by mashlehash Are you really Christian?

I was raised Christian.

Christian is such an open term these days

Yeah, are you still Christian? I'd say it's a pretty closed term, there's just been an influx of apostates/heretics.
Jump to Top