User Controls

Therophy

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I hate the way that word looks. It's like 'trophy' with an injected 'he'.

Anyways, should I go to therophy? I've been having bad thoughts lately and have been increasingly paranoid, along with appetite loss, sleep loss, and stange emotional ups and downs within short time frames.

What would would they he/she tell me to do? How does it usually work? Is it confidential? How honest should a person be about their feelings/thoughts?

Is therophy the same as 'seeing a psychologist'?

If they diagnois me with ASPD, will be documented where courts and investigators can obtain?
    HTS highlight reel
    nigga tha fuk is therophy
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I hate the way that word looks. It's like 'trophy' with an injected 'he'.

Anyways, should I go to therophy? I've been having bad thoughts lately and have been increasingly paranoid, along with appetite loss, sleep loss, and stange emotional ups and downs within short time frames.

What would would they he/she tell me to do? How does it usually work? Is it confidential? How honest should a person be about their feelings/thoughts?

Is therophy the same as 'seeing a psychologist'?

If they diagnois me with ASPD, will be documented where courts and investigators can obtain?

I would recommend against going to therophy. I went once and they diagnosed me with HDTV and now my penis leaks daley.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    therophy is supposed to be therapy right?

I believe psychiatrists are bound by client patient confidentiality unless you admit to wanting to hurt yourself or someone else, so if you go that's the thing you want to lie about: material plans to hurt others. It's hard to say how serious you are about what you've posted in the past but there's really nothing to lose by trying it if you're concerned for your mental health, again, contingent on not expressing plans to commit crimes.
    There are different types of therapy you can seek. Going to a counselor is not the same as going to a psychologist. Simply put, the psychologist has more education and certification and can give you a diagnosis, whereas, depending on local laws, a counselor is little more than a mildly trained buddy to talk to.

In order for therapy to work, you need to be willing to participate and at some point be honest. This is why forced therapy, usually under court order or parental decree, is often ineffective.

Your conversations are protected by law unless 1. You describe future plans to harm yourself or others 2. A subpoena is issued 3. Your insurance requires notification of diagnosis or description of problems in order to cover care. Paying cash and declining to give your real name is a good way to avoid the last two.

Finally, if you are diagnosed with ASPD and genuinely have it, therapy will not help improve your disorder. You may or may not pick up some new coping methods or enjoy talking about yourself, but that's about it. There is currently no promising form of treatment for ASPD.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Also your self-help psych threads are starting to get annoying.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Dargo There are different types of therapy you can seek. Going to a counselor is not the same as going to a psychologist. Simply put, the psychologist has more education and certification and can give you a diagnosis, whereas, depending on local laws, a counselor is little more than a mildly trained buddy to talk to.

In order for therapy to work, you need to be willing to participate and at some point be honest. This is why forced therapy, usually under court order or parental decree, is often ineffective.

Your conversations are protected by law unless 1. You describe future plans to harm yourself or others 2. A subpoena is issued 3. Your insurance requires notification of diagnosis or description of problems in order to cover care. Paying cash and declining to give your real name is a good way to avoid the last two.

Finally, if you are diagnosed with ASPD and genuinely have it, therapy will not help improve your disorder. You may or may not pick up some new coping methods or enjoy talking about yourself, but that's about it. There is currently no promising form of treatment for ASPD.

Not really sure how this relates but out of the three counselors I had to have weekly sessions with(at times 2x a week)there was a former heroin dealer, a female alcoholic, and a christian battered woman shelter grief type counselor. Funny enough I despised the heroin dealer and alcoholic and really clicked with the christian guy despite my lifestyle being closer to the two former.

He didn't come off as preachy or know it all or "No, you're wrong and stupid and I'm right" type of guy. If I had met him in a different context he's still probably the guy I'd be friends with over the other two. I guess the point is don't judge a book by it's cover?
    Oh yes, therapy. lol
    So it looks like I'm fucked.
    Aren't we all
    i hate my life
    Don't we all
    My life isn't that bad, I just need to make some improvements.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You can think of these bogus "medical services" like "therophy" as billing codes. If you want to make even more more money than the hundreds of billions you are already stealing, you have to come up with more billing codes, so you can bill the government even more for your worthless services. So you come up with new, idiotic "services", give them a new billing code, like THPY, and then you can fill that one up with bogus charges, too, just like all the others.
    I went and shot my gun this morning. I feel better. If there's no cure for me, then I have to face who I am.

One thing I know is that being a pussy like my co-worker that killed himself is the worst route to go down. Ever since my early tweenties when I cut off connections with my biological family(which I believe wants me to kill myself), I've taken up riskier behavior but I've also began to take care of myself much more. I exercise, eat healthy, go out and try to enjoy life(although always alone).

I think I just want a change of some type, a little more in life, and I feel like people don't want me to have it. Like I have a bad reputation and people are working against me.

Could it be that with social media, people immediately talk shit about me to new people I meet and set me up for failure?

Should I move to another city?
    For instance, at my retail job, when I first started, this girl sst by me and we talked. Everything was normal.

Later she gave me a bad look and I didn't know why but I assumed someone said something bad about me. So I think people are working against me.

This seems to happen regularly. So I think my rep is tainted.

I think I need a new city
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I went and shot my gun this morning. I feel better. If there's no cure for me, then I have to face who I am.

One thing I know is that being a pussy like my co-worker that killed himself is the worst route to go down. Ever since my early tweenties when I cut off connections with my biological family(which I believe wants me to kill myself), I've taken up riskier behavior but I've also began to take care of myself much more. I exercise, eat healthy, go out and try to enjoy life(although always alone).

I think I just want a change of some type, a little more in life, and I feel like people don't want me to have it. Like I have a bad reputation and people are working against me.

Could it be that with social media, people immediately talk shit about me to new people I meet and set me up for failure?

Should I move to another city?

There is one person out of this whole world who controls what happens to you; That's YOU. It has, is, and will indefinitely continue to be YOU.
    I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Dargo There are different types of therapy you can seek. Going to a counselor is not the same as going to a psychologist. Simply put, the psychologist has more education and certification and can give you a diagnosis, whereas, depending on local laws, a counselor is little more than a mildly trained buddy to talk to.

I got the worst kind.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Now, I get my revenge, watching YOU all grow old. Watching the arthritis set in, the old bones creaking, your vision going, your bald spots appearing, your senility setting in... it's all just too much. Karma, at its finest.
Jump to Top