User Controls

Gotta write a resume plz help

Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    i use this program but it keeps saving it as a .doc wat do

https://kes.bc.ca/builder.html
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    What format do you want it in other than .doc?
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    I usually just use notepad im not too schooled on this fancy microsoftware, docx? txt
    Don't do it on a txt file. Your employer is going to wonder what the fuck is wrong with you. Use Word and it'll save in docx.

I suggest looking up a sample resume and just copying it to your liking then adding what you think might be good. If you don't know how to use Word you need to learn. If your resume is not well formatted your employer is not going to want to read it. If you have any formatting questions you can ask me. I've formatted my own books/other books for print/ebook before and I know my way around Word pretty gud. Also have done maybe a dozen resumes for money in the past. And other things.

If you want me to look it over too I will.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    DOC should be fine. DOCX is the 2007 version and only compatible with older versions when they have a compatibility pack.

ODT and other formats often lead to layout problems in my experience.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    i tried to write one using that builder website on my phone which is why im bitching about the format.
    Originally posted by RisiR † DOC should be fine. DOCX is the 2007 version and only compatible with older versions when they have a compatibility pack.

ODT and other formats often lead to layout problems in my experience.

You have it backwards, doc is the old one, docx is the new one. It's the default file type for all Word documents. doc will work but it's just kinda liek, why bother? Not really sure what the technical differences are, but when you're sending it to your employer you should be sending a pdf anyway so it doesn't really matter whether you use doc or docx unless you need to work with older Word versions.
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    Sending a resume as a pdf...

No scron, you're going to want to export to pdf. This is the standard when you're sending professional type documents. Not that you can't send them docx but it looks better on you to send a pdf. You can do it right from Word too. Just click under the file types when you go to Save As and select pdf.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Yes, DOCX is the newer version so it's not usable by older word versions. DOC works with newer versions. That's what I meant.

PDF is the way to go though. You are right.
    I am always right RisiR.
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    Okay ill take your word for it.

Also I have no fixed address I was just gonna leave out my address, THOUGHTS? or does that look sketchy.

I don't see why I can't just use the city why do they have to know exactly where I live.

Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I am always right RisiR.

I bet you're a leftist
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Originally posted by Joe Kane Okay ill take your word for it.

Also I have no fixed address I was just gonna leave out my address, THOUGHTS? or does that look sketchy.

I don't see why I can't just use the city why do they have to know exactly where I live.

I bet you're a leftist

They probably want to know your distance to get to work. I definitely wouldn't leave that out. It's not that important for it to be accurate and permanent, though. You can always just put what's on your ID, though a better bet would probably be to put some address where you can receive mail, in case they send you anything. They probably won't unless you've already been working there and they wanna send tax shit, but even then you usually get that in person.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    So you came all this way to Canada, just to hang out with HTS and get your dick sucked, and you don't even have a job?

What a keeper
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Originally posted by mashlehash So you came all this way to Canada, just to hang out with HTS and get your dick sucked, and you don't even have a job?

What a keeper

You must've missed the thread he made recently before meeting up with HTS again. He decided his "job" was to steal a bunch of shit from convenience stores and resell it on the street. He made a whopping $10.
    Originally posted by Joe Kane Okay ill take your word for it.

I bet you're a leftist

Yeah, you're going to look homeless and they aren't going to hire you. Especially if you're going for jobs which require a legit resume. If you're just trying to work at Subway here don't bother.

The address you give them is going to be used to send your tax information (I assume moose people have something similar to a W-2?) and maybe union stuff or anything else that needs sending. I just got a letter the other day from a job I had two years ago because they went out of business and needed to know if they owed me money or something. It was kinda odd, but yeah, you need a fucking address.

They need to know where you live for this and also tax purposes. Most online applications are going to require you to fill out an address anyway. Your best bet is to try to get as many interviews as you can so you can play the sympathy card. Be persistent. Call back regularly, don't wait for them to call you. You need to show you have initiative, especially since you're homeless.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    He's from Manitoba.
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    I also got a $50 bluetooth speaker, a shirt from saks on fifth, a plushie for my girl and traded 2 cans of red bull to a hotdog stand vendor for a sausage AND A HALF.

And I spent most of the day sleeping in a park, ate lunch for free like 3 times AND took the train all way to HTS's house and met her parents who then cooked us dinner and then I drank wine with her mom and beer with her dad.

I'm like part of the family now

Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 Yeah, you're going to look homeless and they aren't going to hire you. Especially if you're going for jobs which require a legit resume. If you're just trying to work at Subway here don't bother.

The address you give them is going to be used to send your tax information (I assume moose people have something similar to a W-2?) and maybe union stuff or anything else that needs sending. I just got a letter the other day from a job I had two years ago because they went out of business and needed to know if they owed me money or something. It was kinda odd, but yeah, you need a fucking address.

They need to know where you live for this and also tax purposes. Most online applications are going to require you to fill out an address anyway. Your best bet is to try to get as many interviews as you can so you can play the sympathy card. Be persistent. Call back regularly, don't wait for them to call you. You need to show you have initiative, especially since you're homeless.

im technically still employed by SEARS and they owe me a few hundred and I'm supposed to go on EI so that helps too. I had the sears job for 1 year and sold hydroponics supplies for 4 years.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    What did you tell them about your face?
    Joe Kane Tuskegee Airman
    i was born this way LOL
Jump to Top