User Controls

Post your favorite Tech/SEC/Programming forums.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Only forums please, that means no "exploit-db", i'm talking to you Spectral. Sub-forums are ok too as long as they have to do with the topics specified in the OP.

Here are some good ones from the top of my head, please add any you can think of.

https://lainchan.org/
    https://8ch.net/tech/index.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Can I post exploit databases?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Can I post exploit databases?

I ain't gonna' stop you but consider this me asking Lanny to kindly remove the posts if you do.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    niggasin.space
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    /prog/ was the tech forum to end all tech forums. I read my SICP today, and every day, and fuck anyone who hasn't.
    lainchan absorbed some of the /prog/ posters when moot ass fucked us so it's alright but it has a lot of unambitious untalented NEET fucks sucking tech trend dick to try and get jobs so that's kind of shitty. Also it moves slow as tar.
    /g/'s /wdg/ is like that but 10 times worse
    /g/'s /dpt/ is only 5 times worse than lainchan, although the false sense of superiority is ramped way up. Dumbshits that can barely cobble fizzbuzz together in C feeling superior because they use a "real programming language".
    r/compsci kinda sucks dicks. It's not NEETs but it's basically the same low skill opinion parroting cunts trying to scrape through an undergrad or pivot on their shitty dead end career. These aren't horrible things per se but I'd like them to go somewhere else to limp their way into economic relevance.
    r/truecompsci was good before it merged back it, actually smart people, some people in research and some people who had the mental capacity to read a journal paper every once in a blue moon.
    r/compscipapers is sorta that now but the community is ehh, and there's a fair amount of distasteful self-promotion
    #clojure on freenode is actually probably my favorite extant tech community (other than good ole NiS) although it's not a forum. Despite being a language channel the discussion is frequently, or usually, a lot broader than that. I don't agree with some of the consensus there but people are always willing to engage in argument as opposed to memeing at each other which is more than I can say for like 99% of tech discussions I find myself in.
    Originally posted by Lanny /prog/ was the tech forum to end all tech forums. I read my SICP today, and every day, and fuck anyone who hasn't.
    lainchan absorbed some of the /prog/ posters when moot ass fucked us so it's alright but it has a lot of unambitious untalented NEET fucks sucking tech trend dick to try and get jobs so that's kind of shitty. Also it moves slow as tar.
    /g/'s /wdg/ is like that but 10 times worse
    /g/'s /dpt/ is only 5 times worse than lainchan, although the false sense of superiority is ramped way up. Dumbshits that can barely cobble fizzbuzz together in C feeling superior because they use a "real programming language".
    r/compsci kinda sucks dicks. It's not NEETs but it's basically the same low skill opinion parroting cunts trying to scrape through an undergrad or pivot on their shitty dead end career. These aren't horrible things per se but I'd like them to go somewhere else to limp their way into economic relevance.
    r/truecompsci was good before it merged back it, actually smart people, some people in research and some people who had the mental capacity to read a journal paper every once in a blue moon.
    r/compscipapers is sorta that now but the community is ehh, and there's a fair amount of distasteful self-promotion
    #clojure on freenode is actually probably my favorite extant tech community (other than good ole NiS) although it's not a forum. Despite being a language channel the discussion is frequently, or usually, a lot broader than that. I don't agree with some of the consensus there but people are always willing to engage in argument as opposed to memeing at each other which is more than I can say for like 99% of tech discussions I find myself in.

Thanks Lan. Also top heh, the elitist attitude reminds me a little of the now defunct EvilZone. It had some good discussion and info at times but my God what a bunch of assholes.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    might check some of these out. NIS is really boring me lately, lol.

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Sophie Thanks Lan. Also top heh, the elitist attitude reminds me a little of the now defunct EvilZone. It had some good discussion and info at times but my God what a bunch of assholes.

Elitist is fair. In my defense I don't look down on learners who participate in a community for the sake of learning, I actually enjoy helping people who want to learn even if it isn't the only thing I look for in a tech community. It's mostly people who refuse to engage with ideas at all if they don't think it's something they can put on a resume or that will come up in an interview. The art of programming survived professionalization somehow but decades later high salaries and initiatives to push people into the field in the name of social mobility are killing it by teaching people that truth and beauty don't exist and the craft is a mere means to an end.

To that end I kinda like the infosec spirit of everyone being an asshole. Their closed society model turns out to be somewhat more sustainable under these pressures than the more open MIT "hacker" culture.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    ^Well said kind sir.
    Originally posted by Lanny Elitist is fair. In my defense I don't look down on learners who participate in a community for the sake of learning, I actually enjoy helping people who want to learn even if it isn't the only thing I look for in a tech community. It's mostly people who refuse to engage with ideas at all if they don't think it's something they can put on a resume or that will come up in an interview. The art of programming survived professionalization somehow but decades later high salaries and initiatives to push people into the field in the name of social mobility are killing it by teaching people that truth and beauty don't exist and the craft is a mere means to an end.

To that end I kinda like the infosec spirit of everyone being an asshole. Their closed society model turns out to be somewhat more sustainable under these pressures than the more open MIT "hacker" culture.

Sure i can respect that, but at EZ they just didn't make the distinction. Even if you just wanted to learn for the sake of knowledge they'd still be total dickbags about it. You kind of had to earn some cred, nahmean?
    Originally posted by Sophie Sure i can respect that, but at EZ they just didn't make the distinction. Even if you just wanted to learn for the sake of knowledge they'd still be total dickbags about it. You kind of had to earn some cred, nahmean?

Earn some cred how? And for what?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Earn some cred how? And for what?

Just forum notoriety. If they knew you knew what you were talking about and were along for a good while they wouldn't be total dickbags all of the time.
Jump to Top